Best materials for Part 2?

Started by chelle111
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chelle111

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard OptoPrep was far more superior in preparing for Part 2 then KMK. Would it be beneficial to have both, or just buy OptoPrep? Thanks!
 
I think KMK + OptoPrep would be overkill for part 2. I have heard OptoPrep is better, but I just did KMK with the crash course and scored above 80 on each section. KMK also adds you to their Instagram account which I thought would really helpful for pictures. I'd say just pick either KMK or Optoprep.
 
I think KMK + OptoPrep would be overkill for part 2. I have heard OptoPrep is better, but I just did KMK with the crash course and scored above 80 on each section. KMK also adds you to their Instagram account which I thought would really helpful for pictures. I'd say just pick either KMK or Optoprep.

Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard OptoPrep was far more superior in preparing for Part 2 then KMK. Would it be beneficial to have both, or just buy OptoPrep? Thanks!

I just got KMK since I purchased the bundle and thought part 2 was way easier than part I. KMK was enough, optoprep might be overkill. I also got a lot of exposure to the disease management in clinic though so it may depend on the quality of your rotations as well.
 
I just got KMK since I purchased the bundle and thought part 2 was way easier than part I. KMK was enough, optoprep might be overkill. I also got a lot of exposure to the disease management in clinic though so it may depend on the quality of your rotations as well.

I have a VA rotation @ the moment; from what I heard this seems to help with part 2? I only want to buy probably optoprep, didn’t purchase the KMK bundle
 
I have a VA rotation @ the moment; from what I heard this seems to help with part 2? I only want to buy probably optoprep, didn’t purchase the KMK bundle

If you’re seeing a lot of ocular disease and managing conditions, then yes! A VA can be helpful if there’s a lot of disease, but I felt the VA experience could be quite variable depending on location/instructors.

It should be fine for you to just get optoprep and manage how hard you study based on what you’ve seen so far in clinic.