Best materials for Part 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chelle111

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard OptoPrep was far more superior in preparing for Part 2 then KMK. Would it be beneficial to have both, or just buy OptoPrep? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think KMK + OptoPrep would be overkill for part 2. I have heard OptoPrep is better, but I just did KMK with the crash course and scored above 80 on each section. KMK also adds you to their Instagram account which I thought would really helpful for pictures. I'd say just pick either KMK or Optoprep.

Reactions: 1 user
I think KMK + OptoPrep would be overkill for part 2. I have heard OptoPrep is better, but I just did KMK with the crash course and scored above 80 on each section. KMK also adds you to their Instagram account which I thought would really helpful for pictures. I'd say just pick either KMK or Optoprep.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard OptoPrep was far more superior in preparing for Part 2 then KMK. Would it be beneficial to have both, or just buy OptoPrep? Thanks!

I just got KMK since I purchased the bundle and thought part 2 was way easier than part I. KMK was enough, optoprep might be overkill. I also got a lot of exposure to the disease management in clinic though so it may depend on the quality of your rotations as well.

I just got KMK since I purchased the bundle and thought part 2 was way easier than part I. KMK was enough, optoprep might be overkill. I also got a lot of exposure to the disease management in clinic though so it may depend on the quality of your rotations as well.

I have a VA rotation @ the moment; from what I heard this seems to help with part 2? I only want to buy probably optoprep, didn’t purchase the KMK bundle

I have a VA rotation @ the moment; from what I heard this seems to help with part 2? I only want to buy probably optoprep, didn’t purchase the KMK bundle

If you’re seeing a lot of ocular disease and managing conditions, then yes! A VA can be helpful if there’s a lot of disease, but I felt the VA experience could be quite variable depending on location/instructors.

It should be fine for you to just get optoprep and manage how hard you study based on what you’ve seen so far in clinic.

Reactions: 1 user