Best Microscope Camera?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gonnabavet

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have some visual issues which make looking through a microscope very difficult for me. I am interested in getting a camera which I could mount directly on a regular microscope which would connect to my computer via USB. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

One of our professors sent this out this week. I found it on Amazon as well:

Here is a link to a company that provides an affordable camera option ($79 w/ free shipping, 1 week delivery) for capturing microscopic images you may encounter during your clinical rotations. The image capture software is loaded on to your computer and the camera comes with adapters for use in the eyepiece of the majority of microscopes in clinical use. The image quality is much better than that obtained w/ a smartphone so you can e-mail eggs, oocysts, larvae, etc. back to me for assistance. You can also use it to build a personal image portfolio of diagnostic parasite products, blood cell, tissue sections etc. for your capstone journals and other reports.

Still Photo and Video Microscope Camera USB2.0

Reactions: 1 user
One of our professors sent this out this week. I found it on Amazon as well:

Here is a link to a company that provides an affordable camera option ($79 w/ free shipping, 1 week delivery) for capturing microscopic images you may encounter during your clinical rotations. The image capture software is loaded on to your computer and the camera comes with adapters for use in the eyepiece of the majority of microscopes in clinical use. The image quality is much better than that obtained w/ a smartphone so you can e-mail eggs, oocysts, larvae, etc. back to me for assistance. You can also use it to build a personal image portfolio of diagnostic parasite products, blood cell, tissue sections etc. for your capstone journals and other reports.

Still Photo and Video Microscope Camera USB2.0

I used this digital eye piece before, the images look okay, but I think now you can find some other digital eye pieces on ebay for higher resolution at the same price.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used this digital eye piece before, the images look okay, but I think now you can find some other digital eye pieces on ebay for higher resolution at the same price.
Thanks for the input!

Please look, here are the options. The prices are different, but it's better to take time for search and choose the best that suits you: USB 2.0 cameras Altami, USB2.0 UCMOS camera, USB 2.0 Camera UHCCD / EXCCD, USB 2.0 cameras SCMOS, USB 3.0 camera Point Gray Flea3 and FireWire cameras series Point Gray Flea3, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 cameras VisioSens VFU, USB 2.0 :)

Another option is to get a smartphone adapter, to hook your smartphone up to the microscope and view things through your smartphone screen.