Best Mnemonics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys i have always struggled with memorizing these in order but i found this mnemonic, Hope it helps!

Gamma X-ray UV Visible IR Micro Radiowave

Girls e(X)perience Unusual Vibrations in my Room

I learned it in the reverse order from lowest to highest frequency:

"Raging Martians Invade Venus Using X-ray Guns"
 
The components of the Pistil are the ovary, stigma, and style.

I remember that if you bring a pistol to school you get Out of School Suspension (and probably jail time but lets ignore that for now).
Therefore, I remember that the Pistol is associated with OSS (Ovary Stigma Style)
POSS Plants are a piece of ****; pistol ovary stigma style.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad