Best OAT Prep Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preoptstudent3

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all.
I will begin preparing for the OAT, and wanted to know what you all felt was the best prep book?
I am weakest in organic chem.

Members don't see this ad.

I first read the kaplan book. It is extremely detailed and the material seemed to be mouch harder than what was on the OAT. But also use Chads free OAT practice exams and coursesaver. Orgo was my weak point to and many say coursesaverhelped them. I hardly studied for orgo bcuz i was pressed for time

Reactions: 1 user
If you're willing to invest some money into DAT Bootcamp I'd highly encourage it. I split the subscription cost with 3 other people and they have videos for everything covered on the OAT, you can print out lesson outlines to follow along and there are a lot of practice questions. I found that the Organic Chemistry section on the OAT to be slightly easier than the practice questions so it's a good way to study. They also have good practice for all the other OAT sections except for Physics, which I'd suggest supplementing with Coursesaver.

Reactions: 1 users
Before I took the OATs, I used Kaplan, OAT destroyers and Chad videos. I spent about three months to prep. With the books, there were a lot of practice questions that showed up on the exam and the videos helped with reviewing specific topics. If you want, I still have my books that I'm not using anymore since I got accepted. PM for more info!

Reactions: 1 user