Best option for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bodiddely

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I graduated in May with a BA in Liberal Arts. The college I went to was a great books/Socratic method/no electives program, so while I have my English/Calculus/Physics requirements met, I'm still looking at 4 semesters of chemistry and 3-4 semesters of biology for dental school pre-reqs. I'm currently signed up for General Chem 1, Biology 201, and an interpersonal communications class at my local state school. I'm also volunteering at a nearby Indian Health Service dental clinic.

What I would like to know is if there is anyway I could apply for the 2009 cycle. My state school does not offer a winter session at which I could take General Chem 2. Does anyone know of a program where I might be able to take this over Christmas Break? Or of a post-bac program that lets you start in the spring and splits up the pre-reqs into less than semester long ordeals? Basically my full time job is getting these pre-reqs done asap and becoming the most competitive applicant possible.

Basically I'm just getting really bummed out that the way things are going I won't be able to enter d-school until fall of 2010 at the earliest :(

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Members don't see this ad.

you can finish all your reqs in a year if you bulk up and take summer classes..
- Danny