Best option for me?

Started by bodiddely
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bodiddely

Full Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I graduated in May with a BA in Liberal Arts. The college I went to was a great books/Socratic method/no electives program, so while I have my English/Calculus/Physics requirements met, I'm still looking at 4 semesters of chemistry and 3-4 semesters of biology for dental school pre-reqs. I'm currently signed up for General Chem 1, Biology 201, and an interpersonal communications class at my local state school. I'm also volunteering at a nearby Indian Health Service dental clinic.

What I would like to know is if there is anyway I could apply for the 2009 cycle. My state school does not offer a winter session at which I could take General Chem 2. Does anyone know of a program where I might be able to take this over Christmas Break? Or of a post-bac program that lets you start in the spring and splits up the pre-reqs into less than semester long ordeals? Basically my full time job is getting these pre-reqs done asap and becoming the most competitive applicant possible.

Basically I'm just getting really bummed out that the way things are going I won't be able to enter d-school until fall of 2010 at the earliest 🙁

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
 
you can finish all your reqs in a year if you bulk up and take summer classes..
- Danny