Best PCAT Practice Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TpharmD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
This is my first post here.
I am taking PCAT on oct 18. I need to start practicing for it soon...i was wondring what are the best pcat practice exams other than harcourt's two exmas..
I see many people talking abt Cliff's 5 practice, my only concern is that have they updated their format on their test after PCAT changes 2007? their published date is in 2006.

Thanks you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
mmm... i have cliffs, and i did pretty on the august pcat, but i was really frustrated with cliffs...the verbal is not challenging, the reading is not anything like on the pcat (i got 35), theres still some geometry in the quant section....and the answer key is wrong. the explanations give the right answer...but are not corresponding to the letter given

Kaplan 08-09 edition has a good practice exam. Also if you're looking for updated exams you can use Barron's new edition (there are 2 of them), but beware that they're a bit easier than the real PCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
the best is hartcourt's...check their website....

btw sashagirl----congrats on your score---amazing.....sounds like you studied hard and you really deserve it...must feel great being one of the smartest ppl alive :p

Is Pearson's practice tests really like the PCAT? It seems easier than kaplan's especially the verbal and reading. It doesn't seem like there are many hard vocab words.

are u using any other practice exams?

Yes. I have been using cliff's, barron's and PCAT professor. I have also been studying GRE top 500 words but it seems useless from the pearson practice test.

Is Pearson's practice tests really like the PCAT? It seems easier than kaplan's especially the verbal and reading. It doesn't seem like there are many hard vocab words.

I thought that the actual PCAT had harder verbal and reading comp sections than the practise tests. Kaplan is good in preparing you for those sections on the exam.

The best practise tests are the Harcourt PCAT practise tests. Buy both.

I thought that the actual PCAT had harder verbal and reading comp sections than the practise tests. Kaplan is good in preparing you for those sections on the exam.

The best practise tests are the Harcourt PCAT practise tests. Buy both.

Aren't those the same as Pearson? If not, can you tell me the site? I tried looking for it but I can't find it.

Hi,

Do you know if you have to finish the Pearson practice tests in one sitting? Can you pause/log out and come back later if u don't choose the "timed condition" option??? Please let me know. I plan to take it soon

You can view every question and not have to "take" it. I just bought both exams last night. I plan on taking the second exam under timed conditions soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
This question is asked here on numerous occasions.

It should be written at the top of the page somewhere, clearly visible for all.

The best prep (ie. most reflective of actual test) for the PCAT is the company that puts it together...PERIOD! Doesn't this make sense?

There are two such tests. Visit pcatweb.info

hello...

I'm taking the pcat on sat. as well. i've been using the 2 pcat practice tests from pearson, the kaplan book, and the barrons book. I think the kaplan book was great for the verbal and reading comp sections. the barrons and pcat practice tests are good for the bio, chem, and quant sections. kaplan book was to easy with these sections and not really like the practice tests from pearson

Hi guys ,
For those of you who took the PCAT , would you mind telling me how much organic chemistry the chemistry section covers? do I have to know orgo 1 and orgo 2 both of them??

Do they change the tests every cycle? I took it in the last cycle and wasn't sure if they update the tests every cycle.

I am using the 3rd edition to BARRON'S HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE PCAT

It is really helpful for me. It goes in depth to answer all of the questions and tells you why you may have picked a certain response. It gives contact information for many schools across the country and I have learned alot from it.

Besides the two practice exams in the main site, what are the other exams? About how many practice exams are out there for practice?

To prep for the PCAT back in 06, I used the Cliff's Notes practice tests. I thought it was a pretty good $ deal for getting 5 tests. The most important thing I got from it wasn't increasing my knowledge base or getting an accurate practice score, it was the TIMING. Going through so many practice exams really allowed me to get the "feel" for the test, KWIM? At the actual test I had plenty of time to go back and review the questions I were unsure of -- even the math section. End result: I got a 97 composite on the first try. :thumbup:

Are there at least 15 practice exams out there because I have more than a year to prepare and would like to take practice exams often?

So far I know there are the 2 pearson exams, the kaplan exam and the 5 cliff notes exams.

hi everyone is the practice exams from the pcat website printable? ... and if you buy the two for $60 can u go back to do it again and again till you feel comfortable with it. Can you time the second exam and not the first if you buy it together. thanks.

Are there at least 15 practice exams out there because I have more than a year to prepare and would like to take practice exams often?

So far I know there are the 2 pearson exams, the kaplan exam and the 5 cliff notes exams.