Best PCAT Study Guide?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCF Knight

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that Dr. Collins is a good PCAT prep, but can someone better explain what exactly it is? I looked online and it's like $700 for a prep class and $400 for a self study and that's pretty expensive compared to just buying a kaplan PCAT book for $30. Why is Dr. Collins so good compared to others?

Members don't see this ad.

I know that Dr. Collins is a good PCAT prep, but can someone better explain what exactly it is? I looked online and it's like $700 for a prep class and $400 for a self study and that's pretty expensive compared to just buying a kaplan PCAT book for $30. Why is Dr. Collins so good compared to others?

A couple of my friends have it. Basically it is a package with concept review and bunch of practice tests. I heard it is concise and is a good representation of the test. It is a lot cheaper to just get a book like you said, but if you are too busy to go through the entire book or dont have time to review your textbooks, then get dr. collins.

I didn't take the class, but I did purchase the self-study package. What I found so helpful about it was the many included practice exams. It really helped me to work on my timing for the exam. I know that most of the books include practice exams, but there were more than 10 practice exams for the Math and Chem portions - I don't have it handy right now, so I can't say exactly how many, but by the time I went through these, I had no problem finishing those sections during the allotted time when I took the PCAT the second time around, and my score improved by a lot.

One other note as well - I was able to get copies of several of the PCAT review guides, including Kaplan, from my public library. I reserved copies of all of them, and then used them as needed.

Good luck!

I didn't take the class, but I did purchase the self-study package. What I found so helpful about it was the many included practice exams. It really helped me to work on my timing for the exam. I know that most of the books include practice exams, but there were more than 10 practice exams for the Math and Chem portions - I don't have it handy right now, so I can't say exactly how many, but by the time I went through these, I had no problem finishing those sections during the allotted time when I took the PCAT the second time around, and my score improved by a lot.

One other note as well - I was able to get copies of several of the PCAT review guides, including Kaplan, from my public library. I reserved copies of all of them, and then used them as needed.

Good luck!

PCAT Professor, an online service, worked great for me.