threepeas

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
Status
please offer suggestions for the best PDA drug guide. i am heavily interested in mechanism of action. i am using epocrates which is great, but am still looking for more mechanism of action info. thanks.

Heeed!

On target, On time!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2003
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
Status
threepeas said:
please offer suggestions for the best PDA drug guide. i am heavily interested in mechanism of action. i am using epocrates which is great, but am still looking for more mechanism of action info. thanks.
Skyscape's Dr. Drugs has much more info than Epocrates. I have both and much prefer Dr. Drugs (except when looking for dosage instructions...I think Epocrates is better for that). But if you want the MOA, Dr. Drugs is good.

rn29306

Drugs are bad, m'kay?
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2004
Dirty South
Status
Post Doc
Get the bundle of Anesthesia Constellation from Skyscape or just AnesthesiaDrugs as a stand-alone program.

For each drug, it includes:

Use
Dosing
Elimination routes
How Supplied
Storage (for some reason)
Pharmacology
Pharmacokinetics
General Guidelines / Precautions

The neat thing is that the submenus are listed on the right side of the screen by a single letter (U, D, E, H, S, Ph, Pk, and G) and you don't have to go through all the above information. You can shoot directly to the Pharmacology by hitting the Pk button after you bring up the drug you want.

A most excellent program.

About the Ads