Best Pharm Flash Cards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

-Goose-

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get some flash cards for pharm. I actually bought the damn Lange Pharm Cards before I looked at them and they don't work for me at all.

Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Pharm Cards (published by Lippincott) are pretty good. My biggest irritation is that in the 3rd edition they decided to take out all the helminicides. What's up with that? What else got left out?

I found the Lange cards to be great and some of my classmates liked Lippincott's--I personally did not like Lippincott's due to too much unnecessary info/structures. Besides making your own by going through Katzung or whatnot, I haven't heard about any other options for decent pharmcards--try lippincott's if Lange really didn't work for you or buy a pharm book and make your own.

Members don't see this ad :)
PharMnemonics by Howard Shen are really good. I haven't seen the Lippincott ones so I can't compare the two, but my friend who's a third year tried both and found the former to be much better. You can check out sample cards on Amazon. Good luck!

I really liked the Mediglyphics visual mnemonics. These made learning pharmacology a lot less tedious. The website has a few demo/sample illustrations: http://www.mediglyphics.com

I had the same prob with Lange, ended up selling them online for a decent price though. Consider doing the same. I have used BRS flash cards to great benefit for pharm and micro both. I just ordered their Path cards too to complete the trifecta. I think they are exactly what flash cards are supposed to be. Simple, concise, fast.

Incidentally I liked Netter's anat flash cards as well. I'm just a flash card fiend--I find it very active and high yield studying

Pharm Cards (published by Lippincott) are pretty good. My biggest irritation is that in the 3rd edition they decided to take out all the helminicides. What's up with that? What else got left out?

:thumbup:

98%ile on the shelf with these. I hate memorizing, but it's the only way in pharm, and the Lippincott cards are as good a way as any - you'll thank yourself come third year

I use Pharmacology Flash Cards by Brenner. They seem to be pretty good, but only have about 75% of the drugs we cover in class.

any new recommendations?

I don't generally care for flash cards, but I like the BRS pharm ones.

brs vs pharmnemonics --- which ones are more "complete"??

Not necessarily flash cards, but if you like Q&A format pharm recall is very good. The book also comes with access to audio if you need to listen to the book on the go.

pharm recall and brenner's pharm flashcards

Im starting to wonder if I could skip the pharm cards and instead just drill all the pharm questions on kaplan Qbank and USMLE world?

Are there any micro flashcards worth looking into along with these pharm ones?

what do people think about the kaplan pharm cards?

Has anyone used any of the pharm decks available for Anki? Or made their own? Just curious if it's worth the time in making my own or just buying them.