• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

CharlotteGirl

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
Im thinking of switching from osteopathic school to pharmacy school? what are the best pharmacy schools in the nation? also, since the basic sciences in the first two year is about the same, do you think I can skip some classes?

Shizelbs

10+ Year Member
May 25, 2006
Seattle
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Skipping classes is up to the school, but I doubt they are all that similar, and I doubt they would let you outright skip them. Unless you made a really big stink about it.

UCSF, U of Wash, and Washington State all have very good schools/colleges of pharmacy.

fidelio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 13, 2005
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Yes, UCSF is a good school. Umm, the school in Houston Texas... Isn't there a list of the top ten pharmacy schools somewhere online? I know it's somewhere. You should just look it up.

About the Ads

Shizelbs

10+ Year Member
May 25, 2006
Seattle
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
That list, as I understand, is solely based on the amount of money granted for research. Not necessarily the quality of the school.

rxlynn

10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
CharlotteGirl said:
Im thinking of switching from osteopathic school to pharmacy school? what are the best pharmacy schools in the nation? also, since the basic sciences in the first two year is about the same, do you think I can skip some classes?
Some pharmacy schools (Creighton, for one) give you the opportunity to take challenge exams in some of the basic science courses.

rxforlife2004

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
CharlotteGirl said:

After experiencing at the hospital and retail settings, I finally realize that there is no such best schools, it's the matter of indivitual's willingness to learn and improve.

BiOGoly

PharmD, BCGP
15+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2003
Portland Oregon
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
rxforlife2004 said:
After experiencing at the hospital and retail settings, I finally realize that there is no such best schools, it's the matter of indivitual's willingness to learn and improve.

Ah, you gain wisdom grasshopper.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.