CharlotteGirl

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2006
Status
Im thinking of switching from osteopathic school to pharmacy school? what are the best pharmacy schools in the nation? also, since the basic sciences in the first two year is about the same, do you think I can skip some classes?

Shizelbs

10+ Year Member
May 25, 2006
Seattle
Status
Pharmacist
Skipping classes is up to the school, but I doubt they are all that similar, and I doubt they would let you outright skip them. Unless you made a really big stink about it.

UCSF, U of Wash, and Washington State all have very good schools/colleges of pharmacy.

fidelio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 13, 2005
California
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Yes, UCSF is a good school. Umm, the school in Houston Texas... Isn't there a list of the top ten pharmacy schools somewhere online? I know it's somewhere. You should just look it up.

About the Ads

Shizelbs

10+ Year Member
May 25, 2006
Seattle
Status
Pharmacist
That list, as I understand, is solely based on the amount of money granted for research. Not necessarily the quality of the school.

rxlynn

10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Status
Pharmacy Student
CharlotteGirl said:
Im thinking of switching from osteopathic school to pharmacy school? what are the best pharmacy schools in the nation? also, since the basic sciences in the first two year is about the same, do you think I can skip some classes?
Some pharmacy schools (Creighton, for one) give you the opportunity to take challenge exams in some of the basic science courses.

rxforlife2004

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2004
Visit site
Status
Non-Student
CharlotteGirl said:

After experiencing at the hospital and retail settings, I finally realize that there is no such best schools, it's the matter of indivitual's willingness to learn and improve.

BiOGoly

PharmD, BCGP
15+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2003
Portland Oregon
Status
Pharmacist
rxforlife2004 said:
After experiencing at the hospital and retail settings, I finally realize that there is no such best schools, it's the matter of indivitual's willingness to learn and improve.
Ah, you gain wisdom grasshopper.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Born: Parkersburg, WV | Now: Montgomery TWP, PA
Status
Pharmacist
No, the best school is the cheapest school. Or the school with the hottest chicks.

About the Ads