Best place to get Stafford Loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

speter33

S.D.N.'s Captain
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard that some places offer a 0% origination fee for Stafford loans. This sounds great since citibank currently charges me 3%. Also I heard that there are other perks and discounts from some bank. I've been unable to find anything suitable for me thus far. If anyone has had an experience or knows of a good place to get a stafford loan please share.

Members don't see this ad.

Education Loan Resources.

They have 0 fees and they also give 2.5% interest reduction immediately at payback.

Members don't see this ad :)
What Shawn forgot to mention was that he works for Education Loan Resources!!! :)

I have heard that Access Group is another 0% origination fee lender. You can check them out at www.accessgroup.org

Try wells fargo's MedCAP? Alternative Loan for Health Professionals. This is where I get loans that exceed the Federal Loan maximum of $38,500. There are no origination or repayment fees or guarantee fees or anything like that. The other thing that I like about it is that the interest rates are very low for an alternative loan.

Bank of America looks like the best deal I've come across. Your school will probably list Citibank and Nelliemae as "preferred providers." They prefer to rip you off. Make sure to look around
:D

I can't believe I only found out about these stupid origination fees just now, but I'm glad I did. I'm hussling to change lenders. Thanx everyone

The ELR loan is 0 origination. At least through USC it is.