Best Post-Bacc Pre-Med Programs???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lameex

All the Way
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the best Post-Bacc progras that address bringing up your GPA. I majored in Bio, but would love to retake some courses that I know I would do better in now that I know what I want. I currently live in Massachusetts, but am considering relocating my family soon. If you know of any reputable programs in Mass, California, the NY (NJ, CT, NJ) area or Florida could you list them here? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

There's a postbac forum with all the info: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=71

If you've already completed the prereqs, then you're not really a candidate for a structured postbac.

You can always enroll at the school of your choice to do further undergraduate work in an unstructured fashion, or pursue a second bachelors. Retaking coursework does not remove the old grades you earned, which you must report. For DO schools, a retake causes the old course to not be included in your GPA, but the course is still reported. If you got lower than a C in a required prereq, you have to take that course again.

There are Special Masters Programs (SMPs) that are specifically designed for "GPA repair". This is what you do after all other options have been eliminated.

Best of luck to you.

Thanks a mill -- this was really helpful. I'll keep you posted on my search Midlife...

There are some structured programs you can do. There is one at UConn and another one at Penn. It may not help much since you majored in Bio though.