Best practice exams for OAT?

fifa518

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. My exam is in two weeks. I am planning on just doing practice exams from here on. What are the best practice exam resources? As in, which ones are the most accurate to the actual OAT (I don't want to psych myself out with an extremely hard practice exam)

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

There is an official sample test at: http://www.ada.org/~/media/OAT/Files/oat_sample_test.ashx
It's good free practice. General consensus is that the natural sciences are easier than the real exam, but the physics, reading and QR are good representation (IMO).

I would also recommend Topscore. It is $60 for 3 full length exams in a software that mimics the conditions of the OAT. Its reading, natural sciences and math are ON POINT of the difficulty and material you are likely to see on the exam. However, the physics on Top Score is WAY OFF as it is very intense in content and calculation and was NOTHING like the real OAT (thank God). I was scoring 260-280 on their practice physics, and got a 330 on the real one. Also their reading comprehension grading scale is off, as I was getting 34/40 right and it was giving me like 300-310. But other than that, it is the closest software I know compared to the real thing, especially for the bio/gen chem/orgo parts.

There is an official sample test at: http://www.ada.org/~/media/OAT/Files/oat_sample_test.ashx
It's good free practice. General consensus is that the natural sciences are easier than the real exam, but the physics, reading and QR are good representation (IMO).

I would also recommend Topscore. It is $60 for 3 full length exams in a software that mimics the conditions of the OAT. Its reading, natural sciences and math are ON POINT of the difficulty and material you are likely to see on the exam. However, the physics on Top Score is WAY OFF as it is very intense in content and calculation and was NOTHING like the real OAT (thank God). I was scoring 260-280 on their practice physics, and got a 330 on the real one. Also their reading comprehension grading scale is off, as I was getting 34/40 right and it was giving me like 300-310. But other than that, it is the closest software I know compared to the real thing, especially for the bio/gen chem/orgo parts.

Thanks for the help! Have you used any Kaplan Practice tests? If so, were they helpful

Thanks for the help! Have you used any Kaplan Practice tests? If so, were they helpful
I used one of their free online ones you sign up and they have it once a month. I took it way way back when I had studied like 2 weeks worth, so I can't say how helpful it was. I also bought the printed practice exams and I'd say its decent practice, but once again, physics is not accurate of the real thing. Kaplan physics is harder.

I used one of their free online ones you sign up and they have it once a month. I took it way way back when I had studied like 2 weeks worth, so I can't say how helpful it was. I also bought the printed practice exams and I'd say its decent practice, but once again, physics is not accurate of the real thing. Kaplan physics is harder.

Thanks again for your help!