Best practice MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Never Give Up

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sorry if this has been covered in another thread, but there are so many threads out there and I couldn't find one that *RECENTLY* answered this question.

Where should I go to find the most accurate practice MCAT exams for taking the exam in August 2008 that is CBT?

I have been reading in several forums about how so and so's practice MCAT's were to easy, or how XXX's verbal was to short compared to the real exam. So I want to spend my time taking practice exams that are as similar to the real MCAT.

Here is what I am looking for:
- I would like the practice exam to be taken on the computer to simulate the real thing.
- I would like it to be similar in time and questions to the real exam. (not a "mini MCAT" or a "30 min test")
- I would like for detailed explanations of the answers
- I was looking for a few, at least 3-4 different ones to practice.

It looks like you can download them for $35 each from AAMC. Is this my best option? Are there any other packages out there that follow the accurate format with helpful solutions.

Thank you so much for any help or advice!

Members don't see this ad.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=524676

Basically, AAMC FLs are probably the best overall since they were real MCATs. That said, most posters are claiming that the science sections are becoming more in tune with Kaplan's FLs. Get both if you can. Kaplan 1-5/6 is good, past that, don't bother. Get all the AAMC, but know that the most recent ones (9 & 10) are more representative of what you might see.

Thank you! That was the thread I was trying to find, and I do appreciate your input. Looks like I should be set following your suggestions!

Thanks again!

Here is what I am looking for:
- I would like the practice exam to be taken on the computer to simulate the real thing.
- I would like it to be similar in time and questions to the real exam. (not a "mini MCAT" or a "30 min test")
- I would like for detailed explanations of the answers
- I was looking for a few, at least 3-4 different ones to practice.

Are there any other packages out there that follow the accurate format with helpful solutions.

Thank you so much for any help or advice!

I know it's going to be blatant self-promotion, which I try to avoid, but I must admit that I am pretty proud of our practice exams. And it answers your question exactly.

Only a few exams are available to people not enrolled in our class. The people who use them have very good things to say about the answer keys and the realism. But given how small we are, only about 2% of the people on line at SDN use our stuff. Hence, only about 2% of the responses bring up BR.