For my practice: anthem blue cross, Aetna, Cigna, Humana, and medicare.
United actually pays us worse than Medicare. Fortunately they just about all pay reasonably. But with United I had to do some hardcore negotiations because as a small practice they really tried to screw me over with Medicaid rates for all United plans. I fought for six months and they gave me a not too different rate from anthem. I think people confuse Medicaid with Medicare. Medicaid is the one that pays poorly. But at least in WI Medicare pays pretty decent.
I’d recommend anthem blue cross, United and medicare. Those three make up 75% of my panel. And they pay decent. It’s actually also good to take Medicare due to the very low deductible and patient responsibility. Then you know you will get paid reliably. A lot of people carry high deductible plans so unless you collect at time of service, you’ll be chasing down a lot of people to pay their bill. Also, with Medicare, if someone has a supplement insurance and met their deductible, insurance will pay you 100% of the cost. If you go commercial only, patient has to meet max out of pocket, which is at least several thousand in healthcare bills for their insurance to pick up 100% of the tab and it resets every calendar year.