Best public colleges in Florida?

Started by nysegop
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nysegop

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious. How would you rank the following universities? Add why if you wish.

University of Central Florida
Florida International University
University of Florida
University of South Florida
Florida Atlantic University


*If the university has satellite campuses, I'm referring to the flagship/main campus.

Edit: Oh, and I know there are others, but they don't have connected medical schools.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd agree with that as well. Although recently I've been noticing a significant increase in USF performance. UCF has stayed consistent over the last 5 years or so. USF is at least trying to get better.

For the record, I go to Florida Gulf Coast University. It, by no means, deserves a spot in the top 5; just sayin'.

As for the guy that asked about FSU:
Please. It is nothing but a party school anymore.

Whoa. Founded in 1991. That's what I call new.
 
I am going to UF next year, and the general consensus is UF>FSU>UCF>USF>FIU>FAU

Not even close.

yeeaahhh that's definitely not right. If you want to add is FSU I think:

UF >= FSU depending on what program. For example, a lot of people have told me that FSU is just as good in liberal arts.

USF = UCF (but I agree that USF is up and coming, and I think it will surpass UCF in reputation very soon.)

FAU = FIU

I could add in some other schools too lol 😛