best QR study aids?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msu08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I"m taking the DAT again, due to a low QR score, I cannot seem to get it up. I"ve used kaplan and topscore and achiever in the past to study, which apparently haven't done me any good. math is certainly not my best subject, but the dat math just isn't my thing. is there a book or anything that really helped those that struggled with the math portion? I will be meeting with a math tutor a few times a week (i have about a month to study) any study aid suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! I understand that I'm having trouble with it simply because it's really not my thing, but if there was anything anyone used that found to be really similar in questions/difficulty to the DAT, that would be great! thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

all i used to prepare for QR was Kaplan Blue Book and Destroyer ... I got a 17 so take my advice for what its worth

Kaplan and Crack DAT MATH is all you need. These two resources will expose you to all the different types of math questions you will see. Just know how to tackle each type of math problem and use Crack for timing and drills.

be sure to get new editions of these study guides. In recent the QR has gotten more difficult as people do better. Old guides don't show the harder questions now there.

Members don't see this ad :)
i've bought kaplan 3 times and i'm not buying the online again. i have the books and i unfortunately did not save a lot of the online stuff. hows destroyer for math? i was thinking of getting this, so i can have extra science problems too.

if all else fails you can go to the ada website, find the area which details what is tested in each section and find online quizzes/problems/study guides for each discipline tested in the QR. There are a ton of free online resources for this stuff, one of which is purplemath.com but there are literally dozens of sites with math problems of all sorts, some in form or tests and others just worksheets. most have solved answers as well explaining how to work the problem.

if you really want to ace this section I would suggest this to "touch" as many question types as possible so nothing is new come test day.

i've bought kaplan 3 times and i'm not buying the online again. i have the books and i unfortunately did not save a lot of the online stuff. hows destroyer for math? i was thinking of getting this, so i can have extra science problems too.