Best resources for GRE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TroutTrout

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a medical student and really know anything about the GRE. My wife just graduated with a BS. in psychology and wants to complete a masters degree. For the MCAT I did practice tests and exam crackers review books, is there something similar to that for the the GRE? How did you prepare and what advice could you please offer her? She will be working while she studies most likely.
Thank you for your time,

Trout

Members don't see this ad.

She should go to whatever public library you guys have near you and take out literally every single GRE test prep book. I studied for a month before taking it but I would really suggest 3 months just since she's going to be working at the same time. She should do test prep EVERY DAY for at least 30 minutes to an hour. This isn't including vocab studying, which she should do intermittantly throughout the day using the magoosh GRE vocab app (or any other vocab app). Vocabularly was so annoying but also really important on the exam so she should really study vocab words every single day as well.
In terms of the books, Kaplan, Princeton Review, and especially the ETS BOOK (since they are the ones that make the test) are fine; I also really liked GRE for Dummies since there is so much good advice in there. Seriously, just have her plow through as many practice tests and problems as she possibly can because even with my one month of studying I destroyed the GRE and it's better to just spend $200 once and study hard the first time rather than wishy washy studying and having to take it multiple times.

Hello,

I am a medical student and really know anything about the GRE. My wife just graduated with a BS. in psychology and wants to complete a masters degree. For the MCAT I did practice tests and exam crackers review books, is there something similar to that for the the GRE? How did you prepare and what advice could you please offer her? She will be working while she studies most likely.
Thank you for your time,

Trout
I recommend getting a Magoosh account for GRE prep. The site offers free vocabulary flashcards and free practice tests with video/text explanations. Best of luck!