Best Review Book for AP Chemistry

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AntiHouseMD

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. For anyone who has taken AP Chemistry before, what was the best review book you used? Princeton Review, 5 Steps to a Five, etc? Also, if you have any tips for AP Chemistry, feel free to share.
 
Haven't taken it yet, but I bought AP Chemistry for Dummies (it was $4 and I wanted free shipping 🙂). Doesn't look to bad but there's probably a much better one out there. But yeah, I'd like to know as well.
 
I took AP Chem this year, and the Princeton Review book was fantastic. Very helpful discussion of the main topics, though the reaction section was lacking in examples for me to do... That was one of the hardest parts for me, but my study buddy and I just came up with some fantastic mnemonic devices to remember all the colors and solubility rules.

Make sure you do all of the practice problems and tests, but I wouldn't do too much way before the test. The best aspect of the book was the ease of revision. It wouldn't be very good to learn from!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am taking AP Chem this year. I found this new book "Surviving Chemistry AP Exam One Day at a Time" at e3chemistry. It's probably one of the best book out there for practicing and reviewing for the AP exam. Great book.