Best schools for research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

squirrels

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend optometry schools for those who are interested in going into research in the future? I did a little searching but didn't find any lists, and it'd be nice if people had suggestions for the best research opportunities. Visiting school websites one by one seems to suggest that most of them have research going on, but I'm not sure what opportunities optometry students have at each school. I'm sure about applying to UCBSO and SUNY, but haven't solidified other decisions yet. Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

i shadowed an optometrist who went to ohio state, and he said that they (for lack of a better word) breed a lot of researchers, if that is of any help to ya

I would say to look at how much money each school receives for research and the specific studies going on at each. UAB receives the most money for research in the nation. Other schools that come to mind are UHCO and Berkley.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the suggestions, folks! I will take them into account :)

SUNY and *Berkeley*
are good for research.

It bugs me when people can't spell the name of the school that they want to attend correctly :D