Best single book to start prepping for OAT?

Started by ada
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ada

New Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,

I'm just wondering which OAT study book is best for someone who needs refreshing in each area, and has never taken physics before. I've been scanning through the forums and the MCAT books or exam crackers seems to be most popular. I'm in a situation right now that I' can't take any classes (out of the county), but I would like to at least start familiarizing with the OAT. So I'm wondering which book would be best to get started? Thank you all.

April
 
ada/April,

look through Kaplans OAT book, they also provide flashcards you can use.
I have to be honest with you, I really struggled with the physics portion of the OAT, I did well, but studied WAAAAY in advance (matter of fact I took the summer off and just drilled myself with physics material)

you stated that you've never had physics before, I suggest you take a course before you begin to officially study for the OAT
 
Thanks anothertony. I will definitely take physics when I get back, but I will look at getting the Kaplan OAT book for now. Thanks again for replying!