Best strategy for RC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virajpatel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not an avid reader so do keep that in mind when you comment. My DAT is on Thursday July 18th. I have not practiced RC at all. Reading these biology books and other DAT material is my only preparation, if that even counts. What would be the best way to tackle this section?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not an avid reader so do keep that in mind when you comment. My DAT is on Thursday July 18th. I have not practiced RC at all. Reading these biology books and other DAT material is my only preparation, if that even counts. What would be the best way to tackle this section?

Teleport back to 3 weeks ago and study.

Kidding, kind of. Maybe try reading a few scientific journal articles as if they were DAT passages.

For the actual test, I numbered my sheet with the paragraph numbers so I could keep any notes I took in order. That made looking back at the paragraph for detail a bit faster. Honestly, nothing is going to make you a great reader in 3 days.

I didn't really use anything to prepare for reading. If you can read most scientific journals and understand them, you should be ok. I think most scientific papers are even harder than what you will see on the test.

I didn't really use anything to prepare for reading. If you can read most scientific journals and understand them, you should be ok. I think most scientific papers are even harder than what you will see on the test.

were there a lot of inference tone questions on the test? those require reading the passage but easier questions can be answered using snd..what do you think? thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
what would you recommend?

Honestly I didn't use any strategy, but IMO not reading the passage is a mistake.

I looked at the first 2-3 questions, read the passage and took brief notes (organized by paragraph #), then answered all the questions. If I didn't remember something i used my notes to help me quickly find the relevant paragraph.