Best Strategy (reapplicant)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ab_kaka8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I appreciate you guys taking the time to read this.

I submitted my primaries to DO schools last cycle during the second of week September. I took the MCAT late August with scores pending release a week after I submitted my primaries. I was told the primaries would take 3-4 weeks to process before I get secondaries, this way I would get my MCAT scores and target schools I would have the best chance at. However, my primary apps were verified within a few days and I received my MCAT score of 497 a few days after. I had already submitted payment for primaries at this point and secondaries were waived so I proceeded with process not expecting much luck. My secondaries were completed by mid-October (which I know is very late).

My question is how to approach this current cycle. I have been working full time as a Project Manager, hiring and training new scribes in different specialties and scribing myself as well. My MCAT retake is on July 20th and I have been scoring in the 505-508 range on my FL's. Should I submit my primary applications to DO schools within the first week of June or wait until I get my MCAT score in late August. I want to maximize my chances as much as possible and have read I could submit primary to one school so I am in the system and add other schools after my MCAT. Or should I apply to the complete list of schools I want and hold off on submitting secondaries until my MCAT comes in. If there is a better way to approach this cycle, please let me know.

For further insight:
- cGPA: 3.53, sGPA: 3.4
- College Student-Athlete 2 years with award both years
- Current Division 2 soccer athlete for Men's league
- 150 hours volunteer at 2 different hospitals
- 50 hours shadowing pediatrician, 40 hours shadowing internist
- 1200 hours scribing, including serving as Project Manager
- 50 hours tutoring underprivileged kids as a common core instructor (English and Mathematics)
- 80 hours volunteer at Immigration center and local Mosque
- 200 hours of volunteering as a soccer coach/trainer with kids
- Worked part-time (full-time in summers) throughout college
- Committee letter (including 1 MD and 1 DO letter)
- NY resident

Members don't see this ad.

You can apply in June and apply to one school. Wait until you receive your MCAT score in August before applying to additional schools. Where did you apply this past cycle ? Any interviews ?

Members don't see this ad :)
upload_2018-5-22_14-28-22.png

Why did you lie and waste people's time in 2016? Are you lying now?

Reactions: 1 users
UNECOM, the Touro's (although I did not bother submitting secondaries bc they have a MCAT cutoff of 500), NYITCOM (both campuses), CCOM (didn't bother with secondary), Des Moines, ATSU KCOM and SOMA, KYCOM, UIWSOM, WesternU (both campuses), PCOM (both), Rowan, LECOM, and Nova. No interviews.

View attachment 234415

Why did you lie and waste people's time in 2016? Are you lying now?
Although I didn't specify then, those were stats and activities I projected to have. That was also 2 years ago, a lot has changed since then and obviously things didn't go to plan. Nevertheless, I don't need to further explain my situation or justify anything to you. If you are here to troll, then don't post. You're wasting your own time. And yes I just randomly generated a list of DO schools right now and a low MCAT for my amusement.

You can apply in June and apply to one school. Wait until you receive your MCAT score in August before applying to additional schools. Where did you apply this past cycle ? Any interviews ?
Thank you for the advice

Although I didn't specify then, those were stats and activities I projected to have. That was also 2 years ago, a lot has changed since then and obviously things didn't go to plan. Nevertheless, I don't need to further explain my situation or justify anything to you. If you are here to troll, then don't post. You're wasting your own time. And yes I just randomly generated a list of DO schools right now and a low MCAT for my amusement.

You lied about your MCAT score two years ago on here, and you wasted people's (specifically Goro's) time.

I'm not trolling. I just wanted to point out the fact that you have a history of lying. I felt that the SDN community deserves to know that before it goes out of its way to help you.

Reactions: 1 user