Best Study Materials for DAT (POLL)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mushibachan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDNers,

I just wanted to make this thread/poll so that students can easily find out what resources other people have used! If you can please vote, that would be helpful! If it's not on here, can you post a comment!

Also, if you can comment which resources were helpful in which specific sections, that would be great too!
Please add your AA and when you took the exam, if you can!

ex: AA 26, Sept 2007
Bootcamp was the best representative for the PAT section! The keyholes on BC were exactly the same difficulty on the actual exam. TFE line counting method didn't work though, so I was a little disappointed, etc etc...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
thank you so much! i just signed up and was about to ask this question! even though there aren't a lot of votes yet I will look a little later to see which resources are the best to use. Cheers mate! :clap:

Can someone tell me whats the best way to study for PAT? I don't understand how to do angle ranking at all! ):

AA 22, July 2015
Destroyer, Bootcamp, Qvault, and Cliffs AP for sciences.
For PAT you just need Bootcamp. I only used it and got a 23 PAT.
Math Destroyer is all you need for math.
Good Luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
D2 at NYUCD thanks to the DAT Destroyer! Plus Dr. Romano is the man, so if you're within reasonable distance to take the boot camp, do so!

Reactions: 1 users
AA 22, July 2015
Destroyer, Bootcamp, Qvault, and Cliffs AP for sciences.
For PAT you just need Bootcamp. I only used it and got a 23 PAT.
Math Destroyer is all you need for math.
Good Luck!!

Hi, what method do you use for top-front- end?
When I use dat boot camp, it's rather difficult to count the lines or make assumptions.

Hi, what method do you use for top-front- end?
When I use dat boot camp, it's rather difficult to count the lines or make assumptions.
I hate to be that guy but TFE just clicked for me. I play with Rubik's cubes of all sizes as a hobby so my spacial memory was already where it needed to be. Practice practice practice!! If anything, try to see the shape in 3D and go from there. If I can't picture it, I'll go straight to the answers and use elimination. It takes longer but works on the hard stuff.

DAT DESTROYER destroys the competition!!! DR J Romano is today's Einstein, he's just keeping it bubbly!

I can't believe Qvault didn't get a lot of votes. I thought this resource was so great and spot on in literally every section (although chem/ochem might have been a little too much detail.)

Members don't see this ad :)
AA 23, TS 25 August 2014
Destroyer for all the sciences, Cliffs for bio, Some Klein for orgo.
Math destroyer for the QR
PAT, Crack the PAT (not my favorite resource, but it did the job)

Wow seems like the general consensus is to go with Destroyer and Bootcamp? Does anyone highly recommend something else in addition?

I can't believe Qvault didn't get a lot of votes. I thought this resource was so great and spot on in literally every section (although chem/ochem might have been a little too much detail.)
Yeah I agree here completely. I can't speak for other sections but my Biology section seemed just like a Qvault test. Definitely recommend.

Bio:21 GC:22 OC:23 RC:21 Math:20 PAT:20

Math and Science: DESTROYER. I was nervous about the bio section in the destroyer because it seems to be just a bunch of random questions, but its everything you need to know. Use the destroyer like your bible and you will be fine. Know EVERYTHING written in those damn books.

Bio Supplement- Kaplan Blue book. Good for a bio refresher

Chem and Orgo Supplement- Chads videos. Really solid, good to review before going into the destroyer.

Reading Comp and PAT- Crack DAT

Last edited:
If you're able to get to the NYC area, definitely take the course offered by Dr. Romano. It's worth the time, and every penny.

Most of the other courses have students that did well teaching you while with Dr. Romano here you have a man who has graduated from dental school, has a Ph.D in chemistry, and most importantly made a career by teaching this one exam. Why would you even consider anyone else?

For the bio material just make sure you don't go straight thru the questions, review each answer line by line, and make sure you know everything. Even why each answer is wrong.

I just took my DAT on 08/04/2015.
2014: PA/QA/RC/Bio/GC/OC/TS/AA
24/19/23/25/23/22/23/22

I also took it in 2010 but had stuff so I couldn't apply
23/19/18/21/21/19/20/20

For the 2014 test, I reused a lot of my old resources but added Chad's quizes and Bootcamp. IMO Bootcamp is probably the best and most accurate resource. The actual test was a bit easier but the type of questions and subjects are the ones I found most relevant. I also reviewed Destroyer multiple times and made sure I understood which answer choices were correct, and also which answer choices were incorrect and why. It was a huge pain but it was worth it. If I could redo it, I'd study my Math Destroyer book more. I didn't use it much the first time either. I spent all my time in the sciences. That math score 1 pt higher would have me put me at 23 AA. Chads quizzes were pretty useful to help remind me of concepts.

Oops this is my gf's account.

Destroyer is my life I've gone through the whole thing 2 times, working on the third , and im in the class, honestly , the class is so worth it, I feel so good about the sciences thanks to Dr. Romano , and he's hilarious lol, my most feared section is math :/ , and math destroyer makes me feel so scared , so I usually do a math test and then go back to reg destroyer and do the sciences to make myself feel better :)

Destroyer is my life I've gone through the whole thing 2 times, working on the third , and im in the class, honestly , the class is so worth it, I feel so good about the sciences thanks to Dr. Romano , and he's hilarious lol, my most feared section is math :/ , and math destroyer makes me feel so scared , so I usually do a math test and then go back to reg destroyer and do the sciences to make myself feel better :)
is math destroyer harder than the QR in DAT destroyer?