best studying tool for OAT?????

chachi2579

chachi2579
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I will be taking my oat this oct. I have bought the kaplan book full of sample tests with detailed answers, for about $25.00. My friend told me to get the kaplan dat (dentist) book which is $70.00 because it has each section set out with about 200 pgs of detailed information on each section so you can learn the material. Where as the kaplan oat book is just tests with answers. He told me the material is the same other then the dat does not have physics in it. I have also seen this OAT secrets study guide on line everytime i search for something with kaplan oat. The url for this is http://www.oat-test.org/ Since i am taking the test in about 3 mths what do you think would be the most practical thing for me to study? what did all of you do to prepare correctly for this test?? I would appreciate any advice given...Thanks very much
chachi

Members don't see this ad.

chachi2579 said:
Hello, I will be taking my oat this oct. I have bought the kaplan book full of sample tests with detailed answers, for about $25.00. My friend told me to get the kaplan dat (dentist) book which is $70.00 because it has each section set out with about 200 pgs of detailed information on each section so you can learn the material. Where as the kaplan oat book is just tests with answers. He told me the material is the same other then the dat does not have physics in it. I have also seen this OAT secrets study guide on line everytime i search for something with kaplan oat. The url for this is http://www.oat-test.org/ Since i am taking the test in about 3 mths what do you think would be the most practical thing for me to study? what did all of you do to prepare correctly for this test?? I would appreciate any advice given...Thanks very much
chachi

I had the Kaplan book for the OAT, and was able to preform very well on it. The DAT i'm sure is pretty similiar to the OAT in most cases, except for the physics sections. Most of my class notes from Chemistry, biology, and physics classes helped me out a lot.