Best time to go to Canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

qwerty2455

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I'm currently in my third year of undergrad at a US university and I'm an American citizen. I'd like to eventually permanently immigrate to Canada and I'm wondering when the best time would be. Should I try to attend a Canadian med school or should I try to attend one here and then apply for residency in Canada? Or should I do both med school and residency in the US and then try to practice in Canada? Basically, when do you think would be the best/easiest time for me to immigrate?
 
Hi everyone, I'm currently in my third year of undergrad at a US university and I'm an American citizen. I'd like to eventually permanently immigrate to Canada and I'm wondering when the best time would be. Should I try to attend a Canadian med school or should I try to attend one here and then apply for residency in Canada? Or should I do both med school and residency in the US and then try to practice in Canada? Basically, when do you think would be the best/easiest time for me to immigrate?

How are you planning to get your PR card in Canada?

The easiest plan would be get a PR card, and do medical school in Canada if you wish to practice only in Canada. Otherwise, keeping your current path is fine.