Best time to take DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Studoc28

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the 2017 cycle when will be the best time to take DAT? I will be entering my junior year (took the DAT last week, studied two weeks and got a 19 so I will be re-taking). I've looked at the threads for the last two cycles and seen that the earliest interviews were given out July 1st. I figure that it takes 4 weeks after the DAT to upload your scores so this means take it by June 1st. However, I will like at least 1.5-2 months after school is out to study so I was thinking more around late June or even at end of my winter break? Just wondering for those who have already applied and been accepted or offered an interview when do you recommend a best time to take the DAT? I would assume studying during school will be hard.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the DAT last week and did not perform well. So if I did end up retaking it in mid June (and e-submit June 1) schools will wait to review my application until they receive my new scores, right? Since I can mark on my application I will be taking the DAT in a future date?

I took the DAT last week and did not perform well. So if I did end up retaking it in mid June (and e-submit June 1) schools will wait to review my application until they receive my new scores, right? Since I can mark on my application I will be taking the DAT in a future date?
Yes, they will wait for you scores but make sure to call them and let them know directly.

Reactions: 1 user