1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Best Use of Old Format Paper AAMC FL?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Tribeca, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Tribeca

Tribeca Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I have an AAMC FL 8 in paper format (77 q - 100 min) and an EK FL on paper in the same format that I'm planning to use in addition to AAMC CBT practice tests. Whats the best way to take them? All questions in 100 minutes or 52 q in 70 minutes? I'm thinking I should use these up now and use the CBT versions closer towards my test (8/12/11). Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Tribeca

Tribeca Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
  4. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You should use the old paper-based test) to detect areas of content weakness. Use the actual CBTs to simulate the MCAT.

With that in mind, do the older paper based ones (3R-6R) and the newer CBTs (7-11).

5. PlatinumPenny

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I believe the CBT version has some of the same passage as the paper version. I would compare the two, pull out any passages that don't repeat then take those as a mini-MCAT

6. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, the extra passages/questions from the old MCAT are good practice materials that you can do outside timed conditions if you prefer.