• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Tribeca

10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2005
Triangle Below Canal
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I have an AAMC FL 8 in paper format (77 q - 100 min) and an EK FL on paper in the same format that I'm planning to use in addition to AAMC CBT practice tests. Whats the best way to take them? All questions in 100 minutes or 52 q in 70 minutes? I'm thinking I should use these up now and use the CBT versions closer towards my test (8/12/11). Thanks!

Tribeca

10+ Year Member
Dec 29, 2005
Triangle Below Canal
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Bump!

paul411

ANES
7+ Year Member
May 27, 2010
Florida
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You should use the old paper-based test) to detect areas of content weakness. Use the actual CBTs to simulate the MCAT.

With that in mind, do the older paper based ones (3R-6R) and the newer CBTs (7-11).

About the Ads

PlatinumPenny

10+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
I believe the CBT version has some of the same passage as the paper version. I would compare the two, pull out any passages that don't repeat then take those as a mini-MCAT

paul411

ANES
7+ Year Member
May 27, 2010
Florida
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I believe the CBT version has some of the same passage as the paper version. I would compare the two, pull out any passages that don't repeat then take those as a mini-MCAT
Yeah, the extra passages/questions from the old MCAT are good practice materials that you can do outside timed conditions if you prefer.

About the Ads