Best Use of Old Format Paper AAMC FL?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tribeca

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an AAMC FL 8 in paper format (77 q - 100 min) and an EK FL on paper in the same format that I'm planning to use in addition to AAMC CBT practice tests. Whats the best way to take them? All questions in 100 minutes or 52 q in 70 minutes? I'm thinking I should use these up now and use the CBT versions closer towards my test (8/12/11). Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You should use the old paper-based test) to detect areas of content weakness. Use the actual CBTs to simulate the MCAT.

With that in mind, do the older paper based ones (3R-6R) and the newer CBTs (7-11).

I believe the CBT version has some of the same passage as the paper version. I would compare the two, pull out any passages that don't repeat then take those as a mini-MCAT

I believe the CBT version has some of the same passage as the paper version. I would compare the two, pull out any passages that don't repeat then take those as a mini-MCAT

Yeah, the extra passages/questions from the old MCAT are good practice materials that you can do outside timed conditions if you prefer.