best USMLE oriented recommended flashcards for pharm path and micro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

njslex16

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which flash cards for all three of these subjects would you most recommend for preparation for step 1? taking the step June 16th :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I second the Lange Pharm cards, I loved them because each drug had an associated clinical vignette, which really helps with recall. Step1 emphasizes mostly mechanisms, toxicity, and adverse effects which are all covered accurately in the 189 card set. Used this as a supplement with FA and Uworld, more than enough for the real deal. Good luck!

Lange Pharm seems quite popular, but what do you guys thinks of "Kaplan Medical USMLE Pharmacology and Treatment Flashcards" by Conrad Fischer.

It covers Steps 1,2,3 so I'm not sure not high yield it is for just Step1 purposes.

Lange Pharm seems quite popular, but what do you guys thinks of "Kaplan Medical USMLE Pharmacology and Treatment Flashcards" by Conrad Fischer.

It covers Steps 1,2,3 so I'm not sure not high yield it is for just Step1 purposes.

I just got these on recommendation from the 2012 FA (although they rated the 2008 version and I have the 2011 version which I just noticed). It says in the beginning of the deck what to focus on for Step 1 and what's more Step 2 style so it is differentiated. I was studying GI, and the 18 questions they have for that were good. Has all the main stuff like mechanism, indication, notable side effects/toxicities.

Pharm's not my best subject (the reason I got these), but to me it seemed like there was a bit too much detail on like mechanism and stuff. Then again, the minutia of pharm is what makes me hate it so much, so we may need to know that level of detail anyway.

idk, hope that made some sense.

Last edited: