Best Veterinary book for (Human) Physicians

Staphylococcus Aureus

2+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2016
I have a personal interest in zoology, evolution, and practical uses of veterinary medicine (particularly what would be helpful for a rural physician to know about animals, or an outdoor enthusiast to know). Any good book/text recommendations??

About the Ads

twelvetigers

stabby cat
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2008
TTown
  1. Veterinarian
I think the Dog/Cat/Horse Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook does a good job of explaining things while making it clear when you do need to see a veterinarian. A quick Google search should find any of these for you. Beyond that, it gets sort of specific for what kind of information you are wanting...

Reactions: 1 user

CalliopeDVM

10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2010
Toronto, ON
  1. Veterinarian
@twelvetigers scientific veterinary information (yet practical and concise that an MD/DO would be able to read it and get something from it)
What can you recommend for a veterinarian to read in order to be able to get practical information and be able to treat people who get sick while in a rural location?

Reactions: 5 users

Staphylococcus Aureus

2+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2016
Yes I have no intent of treating animals, just a prersonal interest as an outdoors enthusiast and a pet owner (for example, I try to learn which mammals are endemic to the area I'm hiking, what organisms are poisonous and how their bite will present, effects of selective breeding, does this human disease have an analogous form in animals, etc).

Last edited:

KCgophervet

Lab Animal Vet
7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
  1. Veterinarian
Yes I have no intent of treating animals, just a prersonal interest as an outdoors enthusiast and a pet owner (for example, I try to learn which mammals are endemic to the area I'm hiking, what organisms are poisonous and how their bite will present, effects of selective breeding, does this human disease have an analogous form in animals, etc).
I mean, Google works pretty well for a lot of that...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.