Best way to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hellonurse

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On June 1st, I get my AADSAS number and then I can request transcripts? So technically I can't hit submit on June 1st right? Is there a better way to do this so that I can submit early?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not really any other way to do it, but since everyone else does it the same way, it's not like you're at any disadvantage. They take like weeks to process your transcripts, it's a total pain. So, just send those in asap, and you'll get your application in line early. You've got the right idea though, definetly apply early!!! (Says the person who applied in November)

you can hit 'submit' june 1st... your application will just not be sent out until your transcripts have been in and processed, but better to hit submit as soon as possible and be in the front of the line for the processing. you have to send your transcripts in from your school, separately. good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Best way = early and often if necessary

can you send in transcripts to AADSAS before they even open the application June 1? Like once my spring grades are finalized around May 12, can I send the transcripts right away? Or do you have to wait until June 1 for some reason?

can you send in transcripts to AADSAS before they even open the application June 1? Like once my spring grades are finalized around May 12, can I send the transcripts right away? Or do you have to wait until June 1 for some reason?
you have to wait until june 1 because you have to send in your transcripts with a sheet of paper with a bar code on it that references you with your addsas # with your transcripts.

Thank you all so much for all of your help.

Okay..so I can hit submit June 1st, this is assuming that I've entered all of my grades and everything. Then I get an AADSAS number sign sheet and I mail it in. That same day, I can start requesting my transcript (3 different schools). I know something will likely take a lot of time or may go wrong..so I really want to understand the exact steps now. I CAN submit on June 1st, it just won't be finalized. I won't have my DAT scores until July 1st, but I can still submit right?

Someone said that I should have this all ready on a word document before hand (especially my grades). Does anyone know exactly how to do this? I can't find that post and I don't remember who it was?

Thank you all so much for all of your help-- it means a lot to me.:D

Thank you all so much for all of your help.

Okay..so I can hit submit June 1st, this is assuming that I've entered all of my grades and everything. Then I get an AADSAS number sign sheet and I mail it in. That same day, I can start requesting my transcript (3 different schools). I know something will likely take a lot of time or may go wrong..so I really want to understand the exact steps now. I CAN submit on June 1st, it just won't be finalized. I won't have my DAT scores until July 1st, but I can still submit right?

Someone said that I should have this all ready on a word document before hand (especially my grades). Does anyone know exactly how to do this? I can't find that post and I don't remember who it was?

Thank you all so much for all of your help-- it means a lot to me.:D

don't waste your time typing up your classes in word before june 1st. just have a copy of your official transcript in front of you when you are putting grades/classes/etc in. the only typed material you really need when you start are your PS, EC's, and awards.

time line:
june 1st - aadsas opens - enter data - print transcript matching forms -order transcript requests - wait!! - aadsas verifies transcripts - wait again - interview - wait - accept/denial - party/depression

What about letters? Do we have to wait until June 1 to print out the LOR matching forms or can we do that before hand?? Can we have our committee letters sent before June 1?

don't waste your time typing up your classes in word before june 1st. just have a copy of your official transcript in front of you when you are putting grades/classes/etc in. the only typed material you really need when you start are your PS, EC's, and awards.

time line:
june 1st - aadsas opens - enter data - print transcript matching forms -order transcript requests - wait!! - aadsas verifies transcripts - wait again - interview - wait - accept/denial - party/depression

haha can't wait for the party/depression. Definitely going to celebrate with liquor/antidepressants jk. Can I use my unofficial transcript? Isn't that the same thing?

Sorry for all the detailed Q's, just don't want to wait till last minute.
Thanks homie!

What about letters? Do we have to wait until June 1 to print out the LOR matching forms or can we do that before hand?? Can we have our committee letters sent before June 1?

hopefully someone will back me up on this, but I don't think you can send it early because you haven't received your AADSAS number. That number is how they put you in the system.

Does that number need to be on your committee letter?

You can't send anything to AADSAS before you create your application (i.e. when it opens) because they need to match it to something. Think about it; if you send them a random transcript how will they know what file to put it in if your file doesn't exist yet? Start requesting stuff before if you know that it will take a long time to get (LORs, Transcripts, whatever) but you have to have an AADSAS ID number before you can send anything to their centre. Also consider having your LORs submitted online if you can, it is so hassle free and has the benefit of being instant.

haha can't wait for the party/depression. Definitely going to celebrate with liquor/antidepressants jk. Can I use my unofficial transcript? Isn't that the same thing?

Sorry for all the detailed Q's, just don't want to wait till last minute.
Thanks homie!
you can, but if it is like mine there are spaces between some words on the official, but not the official...some classes are abreviated on the unofficial but not on the official...etc, etc, etc. those subtle differences can postpone verification for a few weeks which is something you really don't want. its better to just use what aadsas is going to be looking at anyway, so save your self a headache and snag you an official copy from your registrar - they'll hook it up for you :)

other q's:
you can not send the letters before aadsas opens because you need a letter matching form to give to your LOR writer. e-submit LOR? fine, you still cant do it until aadsas opens because you will have to enter your LOR writer's email in the appropriate place so they can write the letter for ya.

the only thing you can do BEFORE aadsas opens is gather the letters (sealed of course) and mail them in another envelope with a letter matching form once aadsas opens. same with committee letters

to do before june 1:
-get official transcripts (your own copy)
-give your LOR writer's a heads up and see if they can have them done by june 1 (in your hands would be excellent!)
-work on your PS and have everyone and their mom read it before you submit
-have a list of EC's, employment, awards, and dental exp
-have a beer and relax - june 1 will be here soon enough :cool:

i think that covered most of the concerns so far :D:D

On the other side of the coin, if you do "decide" to submit your application late, they process your transcripts and letters really quickly >_>

you can, but if it is like mine there are spaces between some words on the official, but not the official...some classes are abreviated on the unofficial but not on the official...etc, etc, etc. those subtle differences can postpone verification for a few weeks which is something you really don't want. its better to just use what aadsas is going to be looking at anyway, so save your self a headache and snag you an official copy from your registrar - they'll hook it up for you :)

other q's:
you can not send the letters before aadsas opens because you need a letter matching form to give to your LOR writer. e-submit LOR? fine, you still cant do it until aadsas opens because you will have to enter your LOR writer's email in the appropriate place so they can write the letter for ya.

the only thing you can do BEFORE aadsas opens is gather the letters (sealed of course) and mail them in another envelope with a letter matching form once aadsas opens. same with committee letters

to do before june 1:
-get official transcripts (your own copy)
-give your LOR writer's a heads up and see if they can have them done by june 1 (in your hands would be excellent!)
-work on your PS and have everyone and their mom read it before you submit
-have a list of EC's, employment, awards, and dental exp
-have a beer and relax - june 1 will be here soon enough :cool:

i think that covered most of the concerns so far :D:D

You're the best, thanks for breaking that down.. I know the question can be found on AADSAS. But it is always so much better to hear from others first hand. Thank you!! Now for that beer..:sleep: