Best way to explain the 6/8am rule for overnights?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, it worked. I guarantee you that those pharmacists are not the kind to leave pages and pages of pending orders for the overnight pharmacist.
I would laugh at anyone who would try to prevent me from leaving but mostly because I don't leave stuff behind for others to clean up either.

Sure they did, *wink*

Members don't see this ad.

Please don't compare daytime to gy. It's night and day.

The different between night shift and day shift is night and day? You don't say.

I've noticed that neither really understand how bad each other's job is at all. Daytime people don't really understand how tough it is when it gets busy...it's just you and it can go from calm to complete hell in an instant. And how tough it is physically AND psychologically...especially towards the end of the week. Working seven 12 hour shifts in a row is pretty taxing. You're sore, tired, mentally taxed. You get this weird sense of loneliness after only talking to a few people for the 8 hours between 11PM-7AM. I guess hardcore introverts wouldn't mind. But I've noticed that extroverts can't handle that too well. On the flip side, nighttime people don't understand how god awful the baseline stress is during the day. It's just a medium level amount of stress the entire shift at minimum with spikes. And the noise. So much noise. Nighttime is low stress with nice, beautiful, calm quiet. The worst thing of all is all of the damned phone calls the day people have to make. The entire shift is nothing but damned phone calls. PCQ calls, doctor calls, refill request calls...this call, that call.

All in all, night shift is way better. No doubt. I will take night shift every time. I actually don't mind my job at all. But give your night people some respect. What they do is tough in a different way than you are used to.

Reactions: 1 users
The different between night shift and day shift is night and day? You don't say.

I've noticed that neither really understand how bad each other's job is at all. Daytime people don't really understand how tough it is when it gets busy...it's just you and it can go from calm to complete hell in an instant. And how tough it is physically AND psychologically...especially towards the end of the week. Working seven 12 hour shifts in a row is pretty taxing. You're sore, tired, mentally taxed. You get this weird sense of loneliness after only talking to a few people for the 8 hours between 11PM-7AM. I guess hardcore introverts wouldn't mind. But I've noticed that extroverts can't handle that too well. On the flip side, nighttime people don't understand how god awful the baseline stress is during the day. It's just a medium level amount of stress the entire shift at minimum with spikes. And the noise. So much noise. Nighttime is low stress with nice, beautiful, calm quiet. The worst thing of all is all of the damned phone calls the day people have to make. The entire shift is nothing but damned phone calls. PCQ calls, doctor calls, refill request calls...this call, that call.

All in all, night shift is way better. No doubt. I will take night shift every time. I actually don't mind my job at all. But give your night people some respect. What they do is tough in a different way than you are used to.

Of course I totally respect my GY when they clear the queues and prep us for a great head start. That's why I said what the day time has to do is to also clear the queue so the GYs can enter their shifts stress free and can focus on what they need to do. And plus, I always take some hours from my day time to give to the GY just in case it gets busy.