Best way to get research opportunities (preferably publication)

Started by bro123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bro123

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im taking a gap year due to medical issues but have already been accepted to a DO school. I want to take advantage of this year off by getting as many publications as I can as efficiently as possible. Im interested in orthopedic surgery and the internal medicine subspecialties. But just incase I want to do ortho, I want to have the research experience to back me up when applying for residency. Whats the best way to get into contact with people who are publishing quickly? Im already doing a project with a professor (PhD) but they take so long. Would it make sense to message a bunch of residents and see if they need anyone to do the dirty work for a project and have my name added on there? Or is there a better way to get into contact with people who publish material frequently?
 
Ask your existing mentor if they can put you in contacts with clinicians doing clinical research as a side project. Having an introduction from someone else is much more likely to be successful than you blindly emailing a bunch of random residents