Best way to get to Dartmouth?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLAMAN

Air Jordan Collector
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got an interview at Dartmouth early January. I'm from CA so I was wondering which airport is the best to fly into?

Members don't see this ad.

Is Manchester my best bet? or is there a closer airport in Vermont?

I think the Burlington, VT airport is closer, but is probably a little more expensive than Manchester. No more than two hours from either one to Hanover though.

Hope this helps.

Charlie

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! you go n' knock them dead, UCLAman!
As a fellow UC student, i wish you the best!
btw, do you mind telling me how long ago was your app at Dartmouth complete? Mine was complete eons ago... no word so far.

thanx ronin,

hmm...well i was an aug mcater so i figure my apps were complete around mid-late october. not sure since dartmouth doesn't update you about completed apps. i wish you luck the rest of the way...just remember if you get a thin letter from dartmouth it may be an interview. the letter came in today and i saw it was thin and felt pretty bad(especially since a lot of people have been getting the dvd they send to interviewees before the actual invite and i hadn't gotten a dvd yet).

jet blue flies from jfk to burlington, vt.

thanks, UCLAman, i'll keep checking my mail :)
good luck!

I was an undergrad at Dartmouth, and while I always drove to and from school, most of my friends from away flew into Boston and then took the Dartmouth Coach, which is part of Vermont Transit. It will take you from the airport right to the campus green with eithier no stops or one stop in Manchester. You can also fly into Lebanon, NH, but you have to ride in one of those tiny unstable planes and then take a 10 mile cab ride to get on campus, so I don't recommend it, especially during winter months or at weird hours. I don't know of anyone that ever flew into Burlington...

I agree with what the person above says, i'm a first year here.. you want to fly into logan airport in boston, (or manchester new hampshire whichever is cheaper) then take the dartmouth coach. I think its like 50 or 60 for a roundtrip ticket, and it will take you straight to dartmouth... -oneiro

best luck for interview

I was an undergrad at Dartmouth as well. You could take the mini-coach from logan airport in boston, but that is about 2 hours from dartmouth. burlington is about an hour and a half north of dartmouth, so that could create some problems with the winter up there. and manchester is about an hour and a half south of dartmouth. there is also the small airport in Lebanon, which is the neighboring town to Hanover. You may be able to find a flight there, maybe from a connecting flight from boston, or somewhere else. The Lebanon airport is literally 5-10 minutes from the med school. So it is really convenient. But, I agree if weather is a concern or you don't like small planes, then the mini-coach from Boston isn't such a bad idea.

good luck with the interview though! and bring some warm clothing and a warm jacket