Best way to go about ortho research?

Started by mm3781
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mm3781

Medical Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering what is the best way to go about doing research in ortho once you are in third year and no longer have the luxury of a summer. I did research over the summer after first year, but it was clinical research in plastic surgery. I had applied for this ortho program at my old school, but I didn't get chosen in their random draw. I would like to do some research in orthopaedics, but I don't want to do something just to do it. I really like spinal surgery, but it is really difficult to get a response from the spinal guys here and it takes a while too. I am interested in continuing to do research in residency (assuming I get in), and clinical research once in practice. I didn't know if anyone else had a similar situation or knew a better way to approach it.