China and Eastern Asia best way to learn Hindi??

Started by daktari
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

daktari

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm going to India this summer and really want to learn some Hindi before I go. Does anyone have any experience with any CDs/books/etc that work well? I really don't have the time to go out and take an actual class. Thanks!
 
daktari said:
Hi, I'm going to India this summer and really want to learn some Hindi before I go. Does anyone have any experience with any CDs/books/etc that work well? I really don't have the time to go out and take an actual class. Thanks!

Learning Hindi might not necessarily get you any further than your knowledge of English - depending on which part of India you are planning to visit. North and Central India are the Hindi belt where a knowledge of Hindi is more likely to be useful. English is understood in most parts of India and medical education in India is in English, but students learn the local languange of the people in the part of the country they happen to study.
 
What have you been doing all these years, you fibber????
START WATCHING BOLLYWOOD MOVIES WIHOUT WASTING YOUR PRECIOUS LIFE ANY MORE 😀
U may begin with watching some classic DHARMENDRA (DHARAM UNCLE now) movies, and learn topnotch dialogues like " Kutte, Main tera khoon pee jaaoonga"" "Agar Maa ka dudh piya hai to saamne aa"" for starters.
WISH YOU GOOD LUCK :meanie:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you have interests in learning hindu then you should not get dishearten and stop learning. One of the mention ones was watching bollywood movies and I think it is a good ideas. However you may make hindu friends offline and online so that you can communicate in hindu and learn with them. It will be much easier and faster if they are someone who can teach you.