You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Best way to make myself an attractive applicant?
Started by porgie
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I am far from the authority on this.. but just my hunch.
As you know, your academic record is all over the place and leaves someone reading your transcript saying something along the lines, "ok, what? Nevermind." To me, your best shot is to get into a masters program.
In one sense, that makes it harder to get into PhD programs (preferably, they take the top people straight out of undergrad so they have 4-5 years to guide/mold them). However, you're going to have to prove yourself and establish a track record that is easily understood and not all over the place. I'd say: get into the best MA/MS program you can, excel and establish your potential, and go from there. It might be hard to even get into an MA/MS program, but you have at least a shot at those. I cant imagine a PhD program taking you, to be honest.
As you know, your academic record is all over the place and leaves someone reading your transcript saying something along the lines, "ok, what? Nevermind." To me, your best shot is to get into a masters program.
In one sense, that makes it harder to get into PhD programs (preferably, they take the top people straight out of undergrad so they have 4-5 years to guide/mold them). However, you're going to have to prove yourself and establish a track record that is easily understood and not all over the place. I'd say: get into the best MA/MS program you can, excel and establish your potential, and go from there. It might be hard to even get into an MA/MS program, but you have at least a shot at those. I cant imagine a PhD program taking you, to be honest.
Hmm,
I'd say work out 5 or 6 days a week. Make sure 4 of those involve resistance training of some sort. Do cardio and ab work every outing and eat a healthy diet.
As far as the academic situation, what are your career goals?
You forgot to mention to watch "What Not to Wear" on TLC.
And how exactly does one know that they want to be a psychologist when you have not really had any contact with it (or track record of interest in it, much less dedication to it) outside of a sterile university lecture hall? This will probably be running through the mind of an admissions comittee...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm,
I'd say work out 5 or 6 days a week. Make sure 4 of those involve resistance training of some sort. Do cardio and ab work every outing and eat a healthy diet.
I'd recommend a paleo diet. And consider electrolysis.
I'd recommend a paleo diet. And consider electrolysis.
No white after labor day!
What would be the best option if my end goal is admission into a PhD in Clinical Psych at some point in the future?
I'd go with whichever of the two options you presented winds up being the cheapest. You don't want to run up a lot of debt before getting to the doctoral program, especially considering that any debt you do have will be accruing interest for those 5-6 years.
On the other hand, I think a masters program would probably give you more exposure to the type of work you'd be doing in doctoral programs. It sounds like that may be beneficial for you to make sure this is something you would actually enjoy.
No white after labor day!
I like the idea of someone taking care to eat like a caveman while being concerned about the white after labor day rule. Sounds like the set-up for a sitcom.... It may even get pretty watchable.
I can't resist chiming in on this one.
Eat your salad, no dessert.
Eat your salad, no dessert.
No white after labor day!
My fashionista sister tells me that rule is considered out-dated, like mixing brown and black.
My fashionista sister tells me that rule is considered out-dated, like mixing brown and black.
Phew! Otherwise, I've been committing *both* fashion faux pas for...pretty much my entire life. 😉
I like the idea of someone taking care to eat like a caveman while being concerned about the white after labor day rule. Sounds like the set-up for a sitcom.... It may even get pretty watchable.
Please use gender-neutral language, such as "cave person" because using "caveman" encourages a negative stereotype about men being primitive or stupid. We need to be PC here at all times.
As far as the OP wanting to look attractive, if the OP is female, she can't go wrong with a tight short skirt, high heels, and showing plenty of cleavage.
Oops, the caveman inside me just came out. 😉
Similar threads
- Replies
- 26
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 31
- Views
- 6K