Beth Israel Deaconess - opinions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluesharpie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I just interviewed at Beth Israel in Boston. The people seemed very nice when I was around, and none of the residents were forthcoming when I asked about problems at the program or things they would change. I just got a gut feeling that they are hiding something... like there were residents whispering and they would immediately stop when I rounded the corner. There was some hesitation when I asked the lunch residents if they were happy there. They kind of looked at each other for a few seconds and then said "umm, yeah, sure." What are some impressions other people have gotten? Any concerns or info?

Members don't see this ad.

How many PAs do they have there? As a resident, you'll be grossing whatever the PAs don't do (if they have PAs at all), except a resident salary is half to two thirds that of a PA. FYI, while grossing is of course important, I found it of very little value to my education as a pathologist after first year. Time spent grossing was high on my list of information to ascertain when I was interviewing. If you can answer that, you might have some answers as to your concerns and gut feeling above.

Sounds to me like you have seen and heard all you need to see and hear.