SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Better luck next year

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by USCbiograd, Mar 5, 2007.

1. USCbiograd

USCbiograd 7+ Year Member

Anyone else out there with the bitter taste of rejection? Here's to next year.+pity+

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. lemoncurry

lemoncurry tequila mockingbird Administrator Dentist 10+ Year Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Vermont
    was just informed by ucla that i won't be getting an interview. possibility for alternate is open, but i'm not holding my breath. waitlisted at creighton if i even make the active list. no's everywhere else.

here's to next year.

4. kflinstone

kflinstone 10+ Year Member

Jun 8, 2005
    So Cal
    Hey Lemon. Sorry to hear that. I think I'm in the same boat with UCLA and with the no's from the other schools. Just had a question, how did they tell you? Did you get a letter? Just wondering cuz I'm not at home and won't be home for a bit.

5. lemoncurry

Aug 20, 2006
    Vermont
    I emailed Noemi and she gave me the news. if i get an alternate interview in april i'll be surprised but not hoping for anything.

6. kflinstone

kflinstone 10+ Year Member

Jun 8, 2005
    So Cal

I give you props for e-mailing her. I feel like I'm bothering here everytime I do. I'll probably hear them same thing since I haven't heard anything so far. Great.....Thanks for the info Lemon.

7. t man

t man Epoxi-Lips 2+ Year Member

Nov 3, 2006
    2 :cool: :cool: 7/8
    -----------
    it's going to be better than 2006/7 (i'm counting on it)

what are you guys doing next year now that you probably won't be in dental school?

8. USCbiograd

USCbiograd 7+ Year Member

I am in the progress of applying to a masters program

9. lemoncurry

Aug 20, 2006
    Vermont
    my pre-professional advisor said that it doesn't look so good when you start a masters program and don't finish it before you plan to enter dental school. My plan would have been to start one and just take classes, but not anymore. I tried searching the SoCal area for 1 year, non-thesis masters programs in Bio, but it seems they are quit scarce.

probably what i will do is delay my actual graduation and continue taking more upper division courses in Bio.

10. Lonely Sol

Lonely Sol cowgoesmoo fan! 10+ Year Member

Dec 13, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    same here, no acceptances yet. Hopefully next year cycle will be better than this years. I am also in a process of applying to grad school and finish it in a year while i wait.
    I also am planning to take dats again, although i got 20/20/18. Hopefully can pull up the dats a little bit.

11. CSI Dentist

CSI Dentist 2+ Year Member

Oct 20, 2006
    yeah same here.. no acceptances... nor rejections.. yet.

I applied to a one year masters program, if I don't get rejected from that one too, but other than that just did tons of shadowing, volunteering, studying to retake DAT and all that good stuff...