BETTER WAY TO COMMUNICATE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SOU1978

Reaction score
HELLO, I HAVE QUESTION MAYBE IT'S SILLY FOR SOME OF YOU BUT IT'S IMPORTANT FOR ME AS A NEW FOREIGN PHARMACIST HER IN USA. I'M DOING MY INTERNSHIP HERE IN ORDER TO BE A LICENSED PHARMACIST BUT I HAVE HARD TIME TO COMMUNICATE(VERBAL OR WRITTEN) IN GOOD APPROPRIATE WAY WITH ANY HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS AS NURSES, DOCTORS, OR PHARMACISTS AND TO CONSULATE PATIENTS IN VERY HELPFUL WAYS TO THEM. MY QUESTION IS THAT ARE THERE ANY SPECIFIC BOOKS TO READ AND TO HAVE SOME KNOWLEDGE? PLEASE ANY ADVISE FOR ME FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE. THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

upload_2018-9-28_18-15-36.png

But seriously, this type of skill is a “soft” skill. Books can help, but practice, practice, practice my friend!

HELLO, I HAVE QUESTION MAYBE IT'S SILLY FOR SOME OF YOU BUT IT'S IMPORTANT FOR ME AS A NEW FOREIGN PHARMACIST HER IN USA. I'M DOING MY INTERNSHIP HERE IN ORDER TO BE A LICENSED PHARMACIST BUT I HAVE HARD TIME TO COMMUNICATE(VERBAL OR WRITTEN) IN GOOD APPROPRIATE WAY WITH ANY HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS AS NURSES, DOCTORS, OR PHARMACISTS AND TO CONSULATE PATIENTS IN VERY HELPFUL WAYS TO THEM. MY QUESTION IS THAT ARE THERE ANY SPECIFIC BOOKS TO READ AND TO HAVE SOME KNOWLEDGE? PLEASE ANY ADVISE FOR ME FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE. THANKS

I don't know if there is such a book but your communication skills will come with time, the more you will meet patient s or talking to doctors the better it will become.
the frustration of not being able to speak like the others does not have to bother you

be good at what you are doing people will not focus on how you say things but if you do correctly your job

be encouraged