Beware of Examkrackers (aka Scamkrackers)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drsond

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Post redacted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This was exactly the reasoning why I didn't enroll in an EK class. To be fairly honest, their material is great - good, succinct explanations however it was too general and also they provide you with very LIMITED additional practice material (you only get discount on the 1001s, like honestly, you're paying 2k, why don't they give you all the practice material).

I enrolled in a Princeton Review Class instead (also dropping a 2k) and I am very happy with the instruction and materials we are given. I have access to 17 CBTs (including all AAMCs), additional 200 practice passages online, their 5 subject books, their 1000+ page Science Workbook, and Verbal Workbook. We have 1 PhD teacher for Ochem, 1 MD/PhD for Gen Chem, 1 MD for Biology, 1 MD for Physics, and 1 English PhD for Verbal. They simply know how to teach in a VERY interesting manner.

Yeah, completely unqualified instructors was the other thing. We had 2 instructors, one was ok (I don't know his background) and the other was a med school dropout who was downright terrible.

This was exactly the reasoning why I didn't enroll in an EK class. To be fairly honest, their material is great - good, succinct explanations however it was too general and also they provide you with very LIMITED additional practice material (you only get discount on the 1001s, like honestly, you're paying 2k, why don't they give you all the practice material).

I enrolled in a Princeton Review Class instead (also dropping a 2k) and I am very happy with the instruction and materials we are given. I have access to 17 CBTs (including all AAMCs), additional 200 practice passages online, their 5 subject books, their 1000+ page Science Workbook, and Verbal Workbook. We have 1 PhD teacher for Ochem, 1 MD/PhD for Gen Chem, 1 MD for Biology, 1 MD for Physics, and 1 English PhD for Verbal. They simply know how to teach in a VERY interesting manner.

:thumbup::thumbup:

My teachers have been solid at TPR too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad I saw this. Over in Test Week, Examkrackers is claiming more practice would just "confuse" students--yet they SELL extra practice books that they don't provide with the classes.

Glad I saw this. Over in Test Week, Examkrackers is claiming more practice would just "confuse" students--yet they SELL extra practice books that they don't provide with the classes.

That's pretty stupid.

That said, I'm not planning on taking one of their courses so I don't care what they do.

Their bio/chem/vr books are good, and 101 passages and the 1001 questions books are good practice. So that's all I need from them and I have it.

They need to start drinking their own kool aid apparently.

hopefully you paid for this course with a debit card or credit card. maybe visa or master card? CHARGEBACK. get your money back.

Wow, after my back and forth with a EK BS artist earlier here I started feeling Examkrackers was pretty sleazy. Looks like somebody here actually started a website:

http://scamkrackers.com/

I wound up doing self-study and scored a 35. Glad I didn't lose $2000 to these people.

i personally loved Ek class. It doesnt overwhelm you with crap you dont need. Someone talks you through the books that are complicated enough to begin with. Kaplan makes u wrote into a notebook like you are 5 years old. Bigger companies dont really care what you take home from class and they have scripts they just seem to read unless u get lucky.
My EK teacher was good= a small class size, you dont get it- you ask! I agree they should give you the 1001 books-- but those are cheap online used anyway so i just bought em..

I think classes, in general are what you make out of them even though I agree the quality can vary. In any case, I never recommend taking any classes for the MCAT. Self study beats online courses any day with the right material (and yes, EK materials are good - can't say anything about the courses though because I can't see any online course being worth it).

Just self study. get the TPR books.

That's what I wish I had done. The TPRH books are very well written. The in-class instruction I received was pretty terrible though, at least at my location. The majority of the class stopped going to them because the instructors simply regurgitated information from the book in less detail (and in some cases, with less accuracy).

For future MCAT takers: see if you can sit in on one or two classes before paying ~$2k to enroll in any test prep course. Then decide if it's worth the $1.5k premium they charge for the in-class instruction.

These classes are not worth it. I also learned it the hard way after shelving out 2k for a Kaplan prep course. You are welcome to sit in one or two of these classes before making a decision but be aware that they will try to put on their best front in these trial classes. Don't expect what you experienced in these trial classes to happen through the entire program.