Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sallie Mae and AAMC MED LOANS have absolutely no idea what they are doing. The AAMC pamphlet most of us got and the website (http://www.aamc.org/students/medloans/loanstates/0607/loans0607/classictc2006.pdf) say for the classic option (healthier returns) that there is a $11203 (4.5%) Stafford Cash Back savings on the ORIGINAL loan amount after 33 on time payments. This is based on a $154000 Stafford Indebtedness but 4.5% of $154000 is $6930 NOT $11203. The math for the Healthier returns benefit also does not work out.
I talked to the origination department of Medloans and they were like "Oh we aren't sure how they get that number but it's probably right because we see it on that site." This was not at all convincing to me and so I talked to the repayment and benefits office of medloans. There they said they have never seen that information but all they do is take 4.5% of the original loan and so it would end up being $6930.
The people at these departments have no idea what they were doing and I had to send them to the above link and show them what I was seeing and how the math does not work out. Before that all they were telling me is, "Oh that's just an example sir...I wouldn't worry about it"
They are currently "researching" this and will call me back.
BEWARE of AAMC MEDLOANS and SALLIE MAE. They have no idea what they are doing and are possibly misleading all of us on how much benefits we will receive.
I talked to the origination department of Medloans and they were like "Oh we aren't sure how they get that number but it's probably right because we see it on that site." This was not at all convincing to me and so I talked to the repayment and benefits office of medloans. There they said they have never seen that information but all they do is take 4.5% of the original loan and so it would end up being $6930.
The people at these departments have no idea what they were doing and I had to send them to the above link and show them what I was seeing and how the math does not work out. Before that all they were telling me is, "Oh that's just an example sir...I wouldn't worry about it"
They are currently "researching" this and will call me back.
BEWARE of AAMC MEDLOANS and SALLIE MAE. They have no idea what they are doing and are possibly misleading all of us on how much benefits we will receive.