Beyond Stressed Out- please help me out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freakedfreshman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there are many threads with the same question, and sorry for another one, but please help me guys.

Let me know what you guys think based off my credentials.
Junior Year At Loyola University Chicago

Chances?

Credentials:

cGPA: 3.45
sGPA: 3.3

DAT AA: 19

ECs:

President of my Fraternity

President of Pre-Dental Club

Member of South Asian Student Alliance

1+ Year working as a Dental Assistant

50-100 Hours of Shadowing a General Dentist

Assisted with Board Accreditation

:/

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What is your question?

Pretty sure asking what his or her chances are. It's really hard to answer these kind of questions because there are so many factors that can affect your outcome but I think the most important one is you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering based off of my credentials, am I a competitive candidate? I'm not aiming to get into UPenn Harvard or anything, but like UIC, Marquette etc.'

Thank you to anyone who responds

Just wondering based off of my credentials, am I a competitive candidate? I'm not aiming to get into UPenn Harvard or anything, but like UIC, Marquette etc.'

Thank you to anyone who responds
I would say you have a slim chance of getting into Marquette with a 19 on the DAT and ~3.5 GPA. I know a lot of my friends applying there with same stats and didn't even get an interview. UIC has about 66 seats and you imagine how competitive it is to get accepted there. You might want to have something that sets you apart from other applicants. Like an outstanding DAT, GPA, research experience, MS degree, etc... However, I think you have a good shot of getting at least an interview with Midwestern Illinois. Have you applied there? Are you applying for the 2013 cycle?

I live in Illinois, so I am applying to all the schools around the Midwest. Also, yes I am applying for the 2013 school year. Thank you for your response

I live in Illinois, so I am applying to all the schools around the Midwest. Also, yes I am applying for the 2013 school year. Thank you for your response
I am an Illinois resident too. Apply to Midwestern for sure. All of my friends who applied there including myself got an interview. Just make sure you take all the pre-requirements for that school; they are a little different.

Should I assume that my chances are pretty bad?

Oh no! Definitely not bad at all. Your ECs look actually really good! Your DAT and GPA are just average though. I suggested Midwestern as a good backup. I am sure you get to talk to a lot of pre-dents and dental students as the president of your club so ask them and see what they think of Marquette or Midwestern. Your former president got accepted this year so maybe you could talk to her ;)