Beyond The Scope of The Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChrisM07

Dental Student
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am working my way through biology and can't seem to judge properly if I am skipping over important details in each topic or not. I just completed a SMP program and have studied bio for the past year and have looked at everything in the finest of details. As I study for this section, I can't help but do the same here and am wondering if I am looking too much into the subject matter. Did you guys only really study broad concepts, or did you really pick things apart?

For instance, I found myself last night writing down the physiology of why smooth muscle contractions are slower and more prolonged than skeletal muscle contractions. I had to stop myself because I thought it was too much :rolleyes:

Also, what was the plant/ecology section on the DAT like (if any)?

Thanks. Happy studies.

Members don't see this ad.

I am studying the details, it is better safe than sorry. For the smooth muscle contraction are slower detail, i would say it is necessary to know some of those details. Just because it helps you understand that smooth muscle is for the lining of the stomach, that's why you would want your food to move down slowly. On the other hand, skeletal muscles compose of all the other movements. That's why it is okay to run quickly.