Bidmc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Balderdash

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard anything from BIDMC or even if/when they let their top applicants know? Do they have a history like some other unnamed places of putting these things out only to not rank them highly?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone heard anything from BIDMC or even if/when they let their top applicants know? Do they have a history like some other unnamed places of putting these things out only to not rank them highly?
I received an e-mail a couple of years ago saying "we heard wonderful things about you and plan to rank you in our matchable range". I liked BIDMC a little so I ranked them 9th.

A friend of mine did not receive such a gesture, he did not rank them, but received a post-match e-mail asking why he did not match there as he was in their "matchable range". I did not receive this note post-match.

You could read into that many ways but one way is that not everyone that they rank to match gets feedback, and those that do get feedback had better reciprocate the love or they may might be perceived as lukewarm and then they will be bumped down the list. Either way, good luck!

Last edited:
I received an e-mail a couple of years ago saying "we heard wonderful things about you and plan to rank you in our matchable range". I liked a little so I ranked them 9th.

A friend of mine did not receive such a gesture, he did not rank them, but received a post-match e-mail asking why he did not match there as he was in their "matchable range". I did not receive this note post-match.

You could read into that many ways but one way is that not everyone that they rank to match gets feedback, and those that do get feedback had better reciprocate the love or they may might be perceived as luke-warm and then they will be bumped down the list. Either way, good luck!

What you should read into this is that most programs, like most applicants lie when it comes to this kind of correspondence. Such messages, one direction or the other, are not worth the electrons they're printed on.

Yes, we all want to feel loved, but you'd be much better off getting a puppy if you're looking for emotional fulfillment...having your favorite shoes chewed up and your couch pissed on is nothing compared to not matching because you ranked based on some email spam you got.

Members don't see this ad :)
What you should read into this is that most programs, like most applicants lie when it comes to this kind of correspondence. Such messages, one direction or the other, are not worth the electrons they're printed on.

Yes, we all want to feel loved, but you'd be much better off getting a puppy if you're looking for emotional fulfillment...having your favorite shoes chewed up and your couch pissed on is nothing compared to not matching because you ranked based on some email spam you got.
I think you missed the point completely. The thread was not intended to suggest that people should rank or do rank based on feedback (that would be insane - give the MSIVs the respect they deserve). The thread was asking for experiences regarding post-interview feedback at BIDMC, and that's what I provided. Oh and BTW - I was always truthful with programs regarding my intentions - perhaps to my detriment, but I can sleep at night knowing I was true to myself.

Has anyone matched there in the last few years that has not received an email from them stating that you are in their "sure to match" group?

Aside from responses to my thank you notes post-interview from the interviewers (NOT the PD), there has been silence from them on my end...this after letting them know they're my #1 and having someone call on my behalf.

Seems like this may be their policy, given the lack of action to this thread. I know someone in the "Ranked to match call" thread has said he got an email/call from them, who knows?

Good luck

I got an email from them summarizing my interview and saying that they will rank me in a "matchable position" and to consider them when ranking. However I am suspicious if they send this out to everyone so that applicants rank them number one.....I would rank them first regardless bc it was an awesome program, however I am unsure of the relevance of such emails

I got an email from them summarizing my interview and saying that they will rank me in a "matchable position" and to consider them when ranking. However I am suspicious if they send this out to everyone so that applicants rank them number one.....I would rank them first regardless bc it was an awesome program, however I am unsure of the relevance of such emails

Nah I didn't get an email like that.

just got a "ranked to match" email from them this morning!

I know someone who matched there last year who got no such email though.