Big Blue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sean wilson

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this a better source of review material and/or a better presentation than other such books like Starr's, Anesthesiology Secrets, etc.?

I realize problem books are also important, but I'm trying to decide if it's worth the $ to get Big Blue in addition.

TIA,

SW

Members don't see this ad.

sean wilson said:
Is this a better source of review material and/or a better presentation than other such books like Starr's, Anesthesiology Secrets, etc.?

I realize problem books are also important, but I'm trying to decide if it's worth the $ to get Big Blue in addition.

TIA,

SW
ALot of residents swear by big blue

adleyinga said:
ALot of residents swear by big blue

I did not l ike big blue..

all the material in big blue is in starr's and then some..

can anyone tell me where michelle starr is practicing.. She said towrite her when you pass the boards and i cant seem to find her.. It says emory on the book but her name is not on the website

Members don't see this ad :)
Big blue is great for review but not as a primary resource during residency. I used big blue almost exclusively with Faust and Morgan/Mikhail when I needed clarification. The real advantage is taking the Jensen's course where you will see many of the actual questions verbatim. I think I saw about 10% of the Jensens questions on the exam.

Big Red (for the orals) is a rehashed big blue. About 50% or more of the material is exactly the same as Big Blue. Still I used it, listened Audio Red, and took his review course.

Yes, he is several thousand dollars richer because of me but nothing beats having the words "Board Certified" on my CV.

dude dont sell your copy of audio blue.. Just give it away to your friend.. you cheap bastard...

I gave like 1500 dollars worth of review material away.. I did it in good faith and only after the person promised that they would use it.. and give it away after..