Big Moore versus Little Moore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Schwann

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just purchased Essentials of Clinical Anatomy(Little Moore), but I realized that Big Moore is not that much more expensive on amazon. Should I purchase Big Moore instead, or is Little Moore more efficient while studying?

Members don't see this ad.

I just purchased Essentials of Clinical Anatomy(Little Moore), but I realized that Big Moore is not that much more expensive on amazon. Should I purchase Big Moore instead, or is Little Moore more efficient while studying?

I liked Essential Clinical Anatomy, but I never looked at the other one.

Best thing to do would be to take the receipt and book back and get your money back.

Reading a textbook is about the lowest yield activity you can do in med school. Spend more time in the cadaver lab with your atlas and dissector, and work on your tissue relationships and landmarks. Spend the rest of your time on your class notes, and whatever else the M2s tell you is important. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be starting med school in the fall and have been thinking about this as well. I've heard some really good things about the blue boxes in the big Moore. Is it worth it to get the book for those? (Honestly though, if those blue boxes are really worth it, I'm still probably not wasting money on the book...will probably see if it's in the library or something).

With that being said, I'm not planning on purchasing any books before I get a chance to talk with current M1s/M2s at the school I'll be matriculating at and getting their recommendations.

I'll be starting med school in the fall and have been thinking about this as well. I've heard some really good things about the blue boxes in the big Moore. Is it worth it to get the book for those? (Honestly though, if those blue boxes are really worth it, I'm still probably not wasting money on the book...will probably see if it's in the library or something).

With that being said, I'm not planning on purchasing any books before I get a chance to talk with current M1s/M2s at the school I'll be matriculating at and getting their recommendations.

Your med center library will undoubtedly have a copy of Moore's, or you can use one of your friends (many fall prey to book buying).

big moore's was my savior in anatomy! little moore's is probably also good enough and will take less time to read.

I loved big Moore and not just the blue boxes. Depends on how comprehensive your syllabus is though probably. Ours was in outline form so I wanted something I could read too.

Moore was one of the most useless purchases of my medical school career, which has had a lot of them. If you really want a book, BRS Gross Anatomy has the tables of information you need to memorize for anatomy (blood supply, attachments, innervation, etc). Save your money. Seriously.

Moore is a great book.... if you have time to read it. I'm sure you could even root around and find an e-book somewhere.

I read it for the first couple of weeks of the semester, and then I found my time was better spent just reading notes, BRS Anatomy, and then doing other non-med school stuff.