This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GameofThrones911

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently accepted to the University of Michigan Wayne State. I'm having an incredibly hard time choosing between UofM and WSU.

What would you do?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
With the saturation of the pharmacy market, I would look into which school has the highest NAPLEX pass rate, shadow placement rate, and pharmacist job placement after graduation. The latter two matter the most for me because I don't want to work so hard, and have a large amount of debt with little to no success in the field after graduation. Though happiness should be a factor, it shouldn't be the largest, and you should consider financial elements as well.

I'd go with whichever school is cheapest to be honest, unless you are dead set on doing a residency or something in which case match rates might be a consideration. In my case I was offered acceptance at a top 5 school and a small school close to home, the price was the same but I actually ended up going to the small school. Closer to home, not in a big city with traffic, not a big hectic campus, nice living situation, and I'm happy with the classes and professors so it was the right decision for me. Some other students feel isolated living in a more rural area and would much rather be somewhere else. It's just personal preference at that point. But pharmacy and medical school isn't like law school where the name of the school is everything.