Big problem!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kkj15

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am graduating this May and I just calculated my overall GPA. I transferred a few years ago to a 4 year college. My current GPA at that college is cum 3.45 and sci is 3.25.

And the problem is...My grades from the past CC where I went before I transferred wasn't the best.

basically, My cum GPA for the 2 schools ended up as 3.25 while the sci is a 3.0.

Is there still hope?

I'm planning to apply early this may-june. But during the summer, I'm going to be retaking some classes at the CC. I will then resubmit my transcript with the updated scores. (is this going to make a difference? I am afraid that by the time my transcripts are resubmitted, they've already sorted out the qualifying students.)

I'll be taking the DATs this may..and, obviously, I have to do real well..

If things don't work out well, I am planning on holding till next year to apply. i'll be taking some grad courses to build up my post-bac gpa.

Members don't see this ad.

They will see that you improved when you went to the 4 year college..... and that will look good.
3.25 and 3.0 is a little low, but it isnt a death sentence. Get a solid score on the DAT and you will have a chance.
If you dont get in the first time... no big deal. You just have to keep improving your application and try again.

Your chances all hinge on your DAT. Get 20+ and they'll look at your GPA trend improvement and you'll be golden. Get anything less and it will be a struggle.

I am graduating this May and I just calculated my overall GPA. I transferred a few years ago to a 4 year college. My current GPA at that college is cum 3.45 and sci is 3.25.

And the problem is...My grades from the past CC where I went before I transferred wasn't the best.

basically, My cum GPA for the 2 schools ended up as 3.25 while the sci is a 3.0.

Is there still hope?

I'm planning to apply early this may-june. But during the summer, I'm going to be retaking some classes at the CC. I will then resubmit my transcript with the updated scores. (is this going to make a difference? I am afraid that by the time my transcripts are resubmitted, they've already sorted out the qualifying students.)

I'll be taking the DATs this may..and, obviously, I have to do real well..

If things don't work out well, I am planning on holding till next year to apply. i'll be taking some grad courses to build up my post-bac gpa.

i dont think retaking the classes will help much. AADSAS will count the old grade and the new grade. might as well take some other classes to fullfil your degree.