Big-Ups to my MS1 friends

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DarksideAllstar

you can pay me in bud
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a shout out to everyone from the Spring '02 Pre-Allo SDN crew. Just wanted to say hey and see what's going on. School is whooping my ass and I am glad to see that the Fall semester is coming to a close within 6 weeks. Keep your heads up. Peace out y'all !!

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by ussdfiant
I cannot wait until this semester is over! I am so sick of smelling like gross lab!

haha, i finished anatomy a month ago! no more stinky

but now i'm in some less than interactive classes :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Greetings all,

Yeah, no more anatomy or histo for us either..well, atleast not for a little while.

We finished our first block last week and have now begun the cardiovascular segment of our organ's block. I'm loving it. A 650'ish page syllabus strictly devoted to the basic, clinical, and social sciences surrounding cardiovascular health and pathology. We finish up around the 10th of December, and then we hit the hospital for three 8 hour days working as part of a health care team. We also just got assigned our preceptors, who we'll meet with about twice a month for 5 hours/day and practice our interview skills and our physical examination skills (we've gone over skin and lung so far, with cardo coming in the next few weeks). It kind of feels like we started another quarter, considering the way the block system works.

Anywho, just thought I'd contribute to this thread. I pop on SDN still to see what is going on, but I have to say the vibe is nowhere nearly as positive as when it was when I first popped on around january or february of this year.

I truly hope all of you are learning and experiencing the things that you longed for. I am.

Stand tall,

souljah

your curriculum sounds very interesting. i wish my curriculum was more block like.

i love my classmates though.

Originally posted by souljah1
Greetings all,

Yeah, no more anatomy or histo for us either..well, atleast not for a little while.

We finished our first block last week and have now begun the cardiovascular segment of our organ's block. I'm loving it. A 650'ish page syllabus strictly devoted to the basic, clinical, and social sciences surrounding cardiovascular health and pathology. We finish up around the 10th of December, and then we hit the hospital for three 8 hour days working as part of a health care team. We also just got assigned our preceptors, who we'll meet with about twice a month for 5 hours/day and practice our interview skills and our physical examination skills (we've gone over skin and lung so far, with cardo coming in the next few weeks). It kind of feels like we started another quarter, considering the way the block system works.

Anywho, just thought I'd contribute to this thread. I pop on SDN still to see what is going on, but I have to say the vibe is nowhere nearly as positive as when it was when I first popped on around january or february of this year.

I truly hope all of you are learning and experiencing the things that you longed for. I am.

Stand tall,

souljah

Originally posted by ussdfiant
I cannot wait until this semester is over! I am so sick of smelling like gross lab!

I'm with you, especially since I *hate* practical exams in general (I'd take the written multiple choice any day!) :( Too bad since it's really a great class otherwise.

Lara, praying neuro has no lab exams (yeah, right...)

Originally posted by Lara
I'm with you, especially since I *hate* practical exams in general (I'd take the written multiple choice any day!) :( Too bad since it's really a great class otherwise.

Lara, praying neuro has no lab exams (yeah, right...)

I, too, am "feeling the funk" right now. My hands reek after looking at the lumbosacral plexus today :(

phlly

phllystyl---
Yeah, the fluids do tend to settle into the pelvis don't they....but that reminds you at least of the importance of the rectouterine pouch (Pouch of Douglas) and the rectovesical pouch in men.
Any cancers will "drop" cells into these recesses.

I need to get back to studying physiology....yuck....

Mossjoh

Med schools rocks. I don't want this semester to end b/c I finally know what I'm doing! :laugh:

I can't complain about anything....the people here are awesome, it's 70 degrees everyday and sunny, and I'm studying my a$$ off without feeling like I am. Life is good. :cool:

I miss you guys!!!!

Foxy

what up, AMCAS 2002 survivors!?! Good to hear from the gang :D

monday marks the end of the 'histology' portion of Morphology. We have a practical on basically all of Junquiera and Wheater's (minus 2 chapters) and a written portion on tissue/organ functions in the afternoon. Then begins the 'anatomy' half on Tuesday. We are all sooo excited to get started on it. I like how they 'eased us' into Anatomy by doing histo first and mentioning organ orientation here and there to whet our appetite. We have got to be one of THE latest schools to start anatomy in first year. But I do remember Diogenes mentioning UCSD does it all second year...

My classmates DO rock, too. I think we all find ourselves pretty happy where we end up... I stopped paying attention in class one morning and just looked around and imagined if this wasn't the one place to accept me- if it was Ptt or Florida instead- would I be just as content? Would I have found myself as completely secure and immersed in the class and school activities? And the only answer I could justify was, 'yeah, I probably would'

keep learning, SDNers! :p

Yay Foxy!!! :D Glad to know things are going much better.

This part of the semester has been a bit rougher than at first, but that's ok - I know it'll pass (come Friday night!) and there's still nothing else I'd rather do.

Wow!

Look at all these all schoolers! I'm soo glad we all made it through the premed barrier and are atleast MS1's.

Yes, school is kicking my A$$ as well, but heck I suppose its the nature of the beast. By the way, this whole integrated approach to medicine is sooooooooo crazy, I think I would've liked to stick to the various disciplines sectioned off a lot better. But I hear the fun stuff is just coming (ANATOMY ). :D

Alright remember people, with all the studying we do we need to get out and be healthy! hahahah i feel like i need to go do some pushups or something after all this studying.

HANG IN THERE EVERYONE...2006 here we come!

Originally posted by dknykid1980
Wow!

Look at all these all schoolers! I'm soo glad we all made it through the premed barrier and are atleast MS1's.

Yes, school is kicking my A$$ as well, but heck I suppose its the nature of the beast. By the way, this whole integrated approach to medicine is sooooooooo crazy, I think I would've liked to stick to the various disciplines sectioned off a lot better. But I hear the fun stuff is just coming (ANATOMY ). :D

Alright remember people, with all the studying we do we need to get out and be healthy! hahahah i feel like i need to go do some pushups or something after all this studying.

HANG IN THERE EVERYONE...2006 here we come!

Hey dknykid1980,

What ever happened with that Caribbean thing? Did you end up going?

HECK NO!

ok well I dont mean it like that. :D

I am actually an M1 now at Howard University College of Medicine and D@mn proud of it!

Although I wish I were in the caribbean right now, because of how cold it is here, I'm glad I got to stay here.

Wow...I cant believe you actually remembered! HAhaha I remember creating numerous posts regarding carib schools BAAAAAAAAAACk in the day, it seems like a millenium ago!

Later ppl

2006!!

some names i recognize! Nice! And the jealousy i feel when i read about Philly ;) --Trek

i can't believe we only have like 5 weeks left! Time flies!